superdave144

Apr 19, 2008
Sprockets?

I'm looking to change the gearing on my son's JR. Where can you find rear sprockets for the JR?

Also, how do you change the fork height? I asked the dealer but he was clueless. Any suggestions on how to make it fit my son better (he's tall) would be appreciated.

Dukesfan

Sep 1, 2007
Jr 50 gearing

I dropped a tooth on the front gear and it helped. I would start there very cheap and quick to do and biggest bang for your buck. I got mine from my local suzuki dealer.

chillywilly

Jul 12, 2008
Holy crap people, read the whole thread. There is a pic on page 6 or 7 with a discription to grind the shaft on one side the same amount as the other side. Easy cheesy.

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
revdhp said:
can anyone email me pics and instructions for the jr 50 gear mod to revdhp@intrstar.
thanks

Read this entire thread. That's all there is.

sxpak2go

Dec 23, 2009
two questions on a 2004 JR 50
first has anyone had trouble getting parts since they put a ban on the sell of small bikes?
second i see everyone is asking for pictures can i jump on the band wagon and get pictures of any mods done to this bike? my son is 5 and the bike just does not have enough preformace to get him started it is great top end for him but looking for more low end power. thanks Dwayne sxpak2go@yahoo

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
sxpak2go said:
two questions on a 2004 JR 50
first has anyone had trouble getting parts since they put a ban on the sell of small bikes?
second i see everyone is asking for pictures can i jump on the band wagon and get pictures of any mods done to this bike? my son is 5 and the bike just does not have enough preformace to get him started it is great top end for him but looking for more low end power. thanks Dwayne sxpak2go@yahoo

Vic said:
Read this entire thread. That's all there is.

sxpak2go

Dec 23, 2009
I did read the whole post but I was asking for PICTURES of any mods that people have done that way I don't screw it up when i do it myself. thanks for the reply and merry christmas.

rjp

Jul 26, 2010
pictures of JR50 first gear mod

Hi all,
I have just completed this mod this past weekend and I took some pictures showing the shift linkage after the modification. Unfortunately I don't have any picture before the modification because I forgot to get my camera before doing the work. However, at least these photos will show you how the completed mod should look if you decide to do it. Basically, the left side of the oval cutout where the dremel is used to be filled in with metal. The center pin is stationary, and so the size of this oval determines the extent of shifter movement.

The bike runs great and now has two gears, but the shift is rather harsh, as others have described, since there is no manual clutch to smooth things out. Even with two gears I think I still prefer the 12 tooth front sprocket and just keep it in second, but it's nice to have 1st gear just in case. Anyway, the mod is easy if you have a dremel and good mechanical ability. Do not try it without a dremel. I doubt it could be done with a file.

Good luck,

Rich

PS. I tried to include a link here to my flickr account but apparently links are not allowed. Anyway, if you are fimiliar with flickr navigate to the following photos.

"/photos/45365359@N03/4831211012/"

"/photos/45365359@N03/4831210990/"

Attachments

• jr50_mod2.jpg
    jr50_mod2.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 585
Top Bottom