OldassKDX

Nov 9, 2000
here's the deal....found a 1997 KX 250 with some good bars, port job, suspension work, HJC helmet and gear all for what looks like about 2000 after shipping. I haven't ridden in about 3 years, and my old bike was an old KDX 200. I'm not so worried about the power or suspension, the guy is about my size but looks to be a better rider, but mainly of buying a bike I can't see in person. Cosmetically the bike looks very good in pictures and the guy swears up and down that the bike is as good a deal as anyone can find. He does sound straight up, and I get the "feeling" that he is, for whatever that's worth. Any suggestions people?

Person8

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 24, 2001
Tell us where it's at. Maybe one of the fine folks here live in the area and could give it a once-over for you.

Larry

OldassKDX

Nov 9, 2000
It's in Troy, Texas. I'm not exactly sure where that is exactly, but I'll be talking to the guy tomorrow. Thanks for the suggestion.

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
Checked it out on a map. Looks like it's just up the road from me (ok, it's about 50-60 mi.) I'd be more than glad to take a look at it and give you my uneducated opinion if you'd like. The hard part is that I wouldn't be able to go till either sat. or sun. of this upcoming weekend. Send me an e-mail if you'd like.

GCooper

Oct 7, 2002
I will ride Texas, I aint doing anything this christmas, a travel 'n' ride sounds cool. I'll bring a truck full of bikes. Of course I will bring some WI cheese.......

OldassKDX

Nov 9, 2000
I don't want to be a bother, but that'd actually be great Green Horn. Due to my unsubscribed nature, I can't see your email though, but here's mine....redrobertson@hotmail.com. Thanks everyone for your help.

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
Check your e-mail...

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Ain't nuthin like the Dirty Rotten Network :)

kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
I had a really bad day (really bad) and I see this and wow it sets me back and ... well it helps!

Cheers to you Green Horn! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Kevin

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
This is cool, nice too know there are still people like GreenHorn around.. :worship:

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
Oldass,

Just got off the phone with Dan. He lives in Flower Mound, and not Troy. It's a difference of about 150 mi. It's still working out that I'll be able to check the bike out for you though. Check your e-mail for more details. :)

OldassKDX

Nov 9, 2000
Read the email....thanks a ton Green Horn. Whatever you can do is much appreciated for sure. This whole thing has given me great faith in the DRN community :)

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
Way to go Green Horn!
Cheers to you Green Horn!
nice too know there are still people like GreenHorn around
thanks a ton Green Horn. Whatever you can do is much appreciated

Enough already. ;) You guys are making me out to be some kind of a 'nice guy" or something. :) I guess now I'll have to go steal some candy from a baby to balance this all out. :) :cool:

kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
Well, you know that candy IS bad for brand new BABY teeth! ;) ;)

Kevin

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
I hope you get it soon! Then you can chase me around. Just don't run over me when I fall down.

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
Just sent ya another e-mail. I think Dan went MIA. I gotta a backup plan though. :think:

Top Bottom