Just bought a JD jetting kit for 2002 KX 250

mattb348

Aug 2, 2005
Hey guys. I just ordered the JD jetting kit for my 2002 KX 250. I noticed that it only came with one pilot jet, a #45 (stock is #55)., so I ordered a #52, 50, and 48 just in case. My pilot is way to rich so I think I'll prolly just end up using the recommended #45.

Anyways, the person I talked to said that all the jets were genuine Keihin jets, all except for the 2 needles that came with it, which were James Dean's special tapered needles or whatever. My question is this: do you guys even bother using those modified needles? I'd rather just stick to the stock needle (and play around with clip positition if need be) and only use the slow & main jets in the kit.

Is this a bad idea? Do I have to use the JD needles if I'm gonna use the main & slow jets in this kit? I am putting on a PC pipe/silencer and I just wanna jet it right afterwards, and I don't wanna make things even more complicated by having to put in a new needle.

Thanks for any info!

B

biglou

The needle IS the JD jetting kit. That's what you're paying for: Custom needle taper and the instructions on how to use it/them. Otherwise you could have just bought a few jets from your shop for $3-6 each.

Rcannon

~SPONSOR~
Nov 17, 2001
The needle is why you bought the kit. Just try it.

I ordered the kit for my yz 250. The needle rocks and is well wirth the money.

Rcannon

~SPONSOR~
Nov 17, 2001
The needle is the biggest advantage. It is custom. Most kits come with two needles. The price is also decent considering you get mains and pilots as well.

Top Bottom