Justin Starling Shares His Reasons For Racing In Europe

TransWorld MX

Things get interesting every summer for independent racers in the United States. Many privateers put their focus on Supercross through each race season and will then hit on select rounds of the Nationals between standalone fair races and events that offer lucrative paydays. It’s rare to see a rider hop to the other side of the globe in favor of a paycheck, but that’s exactly what Justin Starling has decided to do this year. Through connections with teams and promoters overseas, Starling has put together a three-week run of races in Europe (ZwarteCross in the Netherlands, Supercross Cup in Italy, ADAC Nationals in Germany) and will finish out the rest of the summer with the Castrol Suzuki team. During the downtime at the Supercross Cup last week, we spent a few minutes with Starling to learn more about his plans and experiences abroad.

Every generation has a racer that breaks from the normal routine and decides to hit races around the world for money instead. How did all of this come about for you?

The first time I came to Europe was in 2009, when I was sixteen and did a German Supercross through Engine Ice Dave. I loved it and ever since…

Continues at the source..

Check DirtRider.Net for the latest MotoNews, gear reviews, How-To videos and much more.

Get your moto gear at Rocky Mountain