Sure Shot

Aug 20, 2000
what is a good set of handle bars for the KDX that are comparable to the stock bend. I am 6' 2" tall and like the stance the stock bars give me and would like to stay as close as possible to stock.

------------------
ride it like you stole it
98 KDX 220R
92 Yamaha TDM 850

Canadian Dave

Super Power AssClown
Apr 28, 1999
If you’re 6’2” I’d suggest you have a look at a pair of CR High bends or something similar and reverse the bar clamps to move the handlebars forward a little. I’m the same height and find the stock bars on the uncomfortable side. The high bends and bar clamp mod make the bike noticeably roomier. You can find instruction on the JustKDX site.

David

------------------
Let's bust big . . . I don't think so. Let's bust bark! Now you're talking!

www.justkdx.dirtrider.net

spanky250

Mod Ban
Dec 10, 2000
I'm 6'1", and I love the Jimmy Button bars. They are the tallest, flattest bars I could find. Combined with rotating the mounts, these bars allow me to stay in attack position much more comfortably, and make it much easier to stand.

------------------
1992 KDX 250-FMF porting,two-stage power reeds, Fatty pipe, Power Core silencer,titanium rod,Wiseco Ultra-lite, Pro-Action suspension...Oh my Gawd, they killed Kenny!

Shin ichi

Feb 27, 2001
I concur,

I'm 6' even and just put on Renthal cr high bars. Rotate the clamps around with the bars makes a huge difference in riding room/comfort.

My attack position stills gives no fear to anyone however.

------------------
...faster than a speeding..., well not really.

paul

Jul 3, 1999
I love the hi cr bars, only one prob the moose aluminum handguards dont fit. The ends are too large for where the bar's insert.
Whats up with that? anyone else have this prob?

------------------
paul

Sure Shot

Aug 20, 2000
Thanks for the info guys, I already had the bar mounts turned and it does make a big difference for us taller riders. I think I will try the CR high bend, now I have just got to pick a make.

------------------
ride it like you stole it
98 KDX 220R
92 Yamaha TDM 850

Shin ichi

Feb 27, 2001
Paul,
I have the same problem with the Maier guards that I bought from Rocky Mountain. They also have an additional adapter for use on aluminum bars. The order girl told me that I didn't need the adapters but of course, I do. About $5.99 from Rocky.

I think Maier makes the Moose gaurds.

------------------
...faster than a speeding..., well not really.

KDXkid

Nov 10, 1999
Hey sure shot (beastie boys fan?)
I got the Tag X-5 which is their crossbar model in CR-High and I really like them. I'm sure if you do a search you'll find a lot of other good opinions of them

------------------
Sean NETRA Jr. A AMA
97' KDX 200
92' XT 350 (dads, but i put more miles on it)

Top Bottom