garrettkite

May 26, 2002
KDX Rear Fenders

Hey,
i've been looking all over and i can't find a motocross style rear fender for a 2001 KDX 220. I can find the front fenders just fine but, not back fenders. If anyone knows where i can find them it would be helpful. I would like to get a black one and preferably pre-drilled. Thanks.

Last edited:

Cactus Jim

Apr 1, 2002
After a lot of searching, the only MX rear fender for late model KDX is from Maier http://www.maier-mfg.com/. They come in green and black (which I baught). They're a little hard to install, no markings for drilling holes, but fit fine when done. If you want to see what they look like, click on "My Gallery" below.

Hope this helps, good luck....

Matt90GT

May 3, 2002
You can also just buy a KX rear fender. You will have to do a little work to mount it up, but will work.

Check the parts diagrams on the buykawasaki.com site to see what years will match the closest. Like on my KDX250 1991, I can use the 90-91 KX rear fender.

kevinkdx

Mar 25, 2001
matt90gt how good did the 90-91 KX250 rear fender work? did it take a lot of work or was it pretty easy and what brand did you get(ufo..etc)?

Matt90GT

May 3, 2002
Originally posted by kevinkdx
matt90gt how good did the 90-91 KX250 rear fender work? did it take a lot of work or was it pretty easy and what brand did you get(ufo..etc)?

I haven't gotten that far. Right now my KDX250 weighs about 125#s. It is missing all the plastic, tank, airbox and rear suspension, shock, wheel and brakes.

I am waiting for new bushings on the rear everything but wheel. The bike will have every bearing new in it beyond the repacked headstem bearings. If my AC adapter and battery did not die on my camera, I would post a pic. Payday tomorrow!

Here is a pic of a 90 KX250. A bit more curved fender plus it extends down a bit farther than the 93 units.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/ebayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1832994900&r=0&t=0

Last edited:

kevinkdx

Mar 25, 2001
thanks for the info, i plan on getting a ufo fender. Right now i have the old maier rear fender and it looks ok (if you're blind) becuase i just don't like the dullness and the color match is bad. However i did put a few layers of plastic renew on the rear to make it look shinier and it worked pretty good but i can get a new rear fender for little of nothing. once again thanks guys.

Top Bottom