craig_enid

Mar 23, 2000
The stock lever on the '95 KDX 200 was begining to bend downward, resulting in boot slipping off the lever at the bottom of the stroke. I had read about the lever problems on the JustKDX page, and began comparing the lever on my '86 KX 125. Looked close so I gave it a try and it turned out to be a straight swap. The bent steel lever works better on the KX, boot doesn't slip off like it does on the KDX, it even looks OK.

------------------
'86 KX125 '90 DR250 '95KDX
AMA, BJEC, TSCEC

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
The lever swap works ok if the splined piece is still good. Both of mine were galled/goobered/worn.

I spent a couple hours filing, fitting a piece of steel scrap, drilling for pop rivets, looking for new o-rings in my junk (read 'tool') box and then putting a 'edge' to the ridges on the lever to help keep my boots from slipping.

All that time and I'll bet'cha it'll last for a ride or two until I'm buying new pieces!!

You don't mind the shorter lever?

------------------
  • OLD member
    'oh-oh' KDX 200
    '86 Nighthawk 700 SC
    (a motorcyle even if it doesn't have a chain!)

Moj

Nov 5, 1999
SE MN
What I did on my KDX when this happened(lever angling downward), was to weld a small spot on the lever where it mates with the other part when folded down. (Are you all following me? ;))

I ground it to fit perfectly. This has been a couple years ago and it's held up very well.I've also done this on a couple other bikes with excellent results.

Hey it's cheaper than a new kick starter ain't it. :)

------------------
Moj
96 KX 250
95 KDX 200
--------------------------------
It ain't no fun if you're not a little scared...

craig_enid

Mar 23, 2000
It's all a matter of relativity... after kicking on the DR, the KDX is a snap!

------------------
'86 KX125 '90 DR250 '95KDX
AMA, BJEC, TSCEC

Top Bottom