Kdx200 E New Steel Kips Valves Available Shortly

Brock@BDK

Jan 30, 2015
Hi guys,

I have a funny feeling that I've already spoken to at least one or two of you, but anyway we are finally moving to production stage of the vertical KIPS valves and idler gear in steel and also the bushes for the tops in ally.
We were asked to do this by a whole number of people some time back but until the original ally versions ran out it hardly seemed worthwhile to us.

Below is a solid model of one of the valves and we are currently ordering in steel and awaiting a barrel and head, control rod etc which we need to check / refine our test valves as well as ensure quality assurance during the production run.

We're anticipating around four weeks to complete our production run and get them plated.
Although we don't have a final price for these yet you could reasonably anticipate them to be around 130 to 140% of the price of the KMX200 valves we already make.

Keep an eye on us and if you want to be on a contact list for when they are complete let me know,

All the very best,

Brock
BDK Race Engineering Ltd
+44(0)1508 481713
brock@bdkraceeng.co.uk

PaulKDX250SR

Nov 8, 2005
If the valves are the same for my KDX250 as the 200, and I have a feeling they are the same part number, I'd be very interested in a sturdier set.
I have just finished the top end on my bike with the usual broken valves, and was thinking of stock piling a few sets because the Kawasaki dealer wasn't sure how many more are available.
CIMG4283.jpg

The snapped off piece was firmly lodged in the barrel and took quiet a bit of persuading to free itself.

PS: I checked out the BDK Race Engineering Ltd website and Facebook. Fantastic stuff!

Brock@BDK

Jan 30, 2015
Oh man these things really do have issues with clogging up with coke don't they?
It's one of those be extra careful to clean the hole out jobs and not easy at that.

For sure these valves aren't the same as the KDX200 - that whole arrangement with the pin and groove arrangement which I guess is for lifting the central exhaust flap valve are not present on the KDX200 - just checked on cmsnl.com (consolidated motor spares, netherlands) and the part numbers are different.

What a bugger - and I bet these are only available in ally too.

Good move on buying up a bit of stock - I'll see if I can buy myself a set for future use, although at £45 each plus VAT that's going to be an expensive pile. Which model year KDX250 are these off? They look like E model valves. It seems to me that pretty much every model of every type of Kwaka had slightly different powervalves.

I will be straight up with you I don't think I'll be getting round to these any time too soon - I first have to let the investment of a production run of KMX200 & KDX200E valves at least pay off before I can pump more money in (we are such a small company remember, with fingers in many pies). It may well be 3-6 months before I get them on the go, depending on demand.

All the best,

Brock

PaulKDX250SR

Nov 8, 2005
Oh man these things really do have issues with clogging up with coke don't they?
It's one of those be extra careful to clean the hole out jobs and not easy at that.

For sure these valves aren't the same as the KDX200 - that whole arrangement with the pin and groove arrangement which I guess is for lifting the central exhaust flap valve are not present on the KDX200 - just checked on cmsnl.com (consolidated motor spares, netherlands) and the part numbers are different.

What a bugger - and I bet these are only available in ally too.

Good move on buying up a bit of stock - I'll see if I can buy myself a set for future use, although at £45 each plus VAT that's going to be an expensive pile. Which model year KDX250 are these off? They look like E model valves. It seems to me that pretty much every model of every type of Kwaka had slightly different powervalves.

I will be straight up with you I don't think I'll be getting round to these any time too soon - I first have to let the investment of a production run of KMX200 & KDX200E valves at least pay off before I can pump more money in (we are such a small company remember, with fingers in many pies). It may well be 3-6 months before I get them on the go, depending on demand.

All the best,

Brock
Hi Brock,
Shoot! I was kinda hoping that you guys were the answer to my prayers! The holy grail of unbreakable kips valves! :)
But, wait...
My bike is a 1993 KDX250SR. It's the Japan market version known as the KDX250F3 (I guess the 3 is from '93. And the F? Well, who the f knows?)
The bike is D3 on the cmsnl.com website.
The valve setup does not use the central exhaust flap which I have seen on North American 200 and 220s.
Here's a photo of the entire valve setup:
CIMG4279.jpg

As can be seen, no central flap. The parts numbers are:
12005 for the LH valve
12005A for the RH with the small groove in the top
59051 for the idling gear

Here's a link for the valves on the Japanese website:
http://www.pt-kawasakiparts.com/?pid=53649749
The valves are 4,795 yen (about 30 quid each)

I checked out the 1993 KDX200 E5 on cmsnl.com, and the part numbers are the same, 12005, 12005A and 59051 and 49046 for the governor rod.

What do you reckon Brock? Is it the same part as the one you hope to manufacture?

These 250s had a comparatively short run, 91-94, but there are still quite a few in use in the Far East and Australia and if perchance they are the same as the 200s, then this may widen your marketing potential.

Best wishes to you Brock, and every success with your company.

Paul

Brock@BDK

Jan 30, 2015
Hey Paul,

Part numbers are not the same.
Pretty much all KIPS valve parts have the same prefix (12005) but the part number includes four numbers after that (see more info on cmsnl) eg 12005-1141 , 12005-1142, 120051121 etc etc.

It would be possible to fix the peg in these valves if that is what breaks - if the shaft shears or the gear teeth damage then a complete valve would be required. Fixing the peg would just not be worth the money I think though - might as well buy a new valve.

If it's only the bottom peg you could drill and tap the body - wind a bolt in there and then turn off the threads down to size? Tough bit is getting the peg concentric and straight.

I've put you on a wish list for these valves - I generally wait until the wish list is sufficiently populated before considering the project.

All the best,

Brock

PaulKDX250SR

Nov 8, 2005
Hey Paul,

Part numbers are not the same.
Pretty much all KIPS valve parts have the same prefix (12005) but the part number includes four numbers after that (see more info on cmsnl) eg 12005-1141 , 12005-1142, 120051121 etc etc.

It would be possible to fix the peg in these valves if that is what breaks - if the shaft shears or the gear teeth damage then a complete valve would be required. Fixing the peg would just not be worth the money I think though - might as well buy a new valve.

If it's only the bottom peg you could drill and tap the body - wind a bolt in there and then turn off the threads down to size? Tough bit is getting the peg concentric and straight.

I've put you on a wish list for these valves - I generally wait until the wish list is sufficiently populated before considering the project.

All the best,

Brock

Brock,
That's a bummer the valves will be different. I will stock pile a couple of sets and be more diligent with pulling the top end and servicing them in the future.

Thank you for putting me on the wish list. I have been riding my KDX for 14 years and would like to continue to use the bike for many more to come. It is a shame when the OEM parts become no longer available, but thanks to companies like your own, people can still continue to enjoy and ride their bikes without being forced to buy new ones from the manufactures.

As always, best wishes to you,

Paul

Brock@BDK

Jan 30, 2015
Wow how time flies!

Well we finally made the KDX200 E model valves, have tested them and they are all good.

Prices going up to 'in-stock retail' after this notification but if you need them - you know where to get them.

All the best,

Brock
15%2006%2029%20003_zpsj7xie0ed.jpg

15 06 29 001.jpg
15 06 29 003.jpg

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Start by building a time machine to go back to 2015 ;-)

The Redrider

Jun 14, 2019
I noticed that's the thing with performance vehicles, parts are hard to come by, 10 years out and your S.O.L. Even junk yards are hard to find parts for your favorite scoot. Spending $8 grand a year for a new bike is out of the question. Ride and pray nothing breaks.....

Top Bottom