kx125412

Mar 30, 2006
After my bikes warm it won't idle by itself at all no matter what I do. This isn't my problem. My killswitch doesn't work and I can't fix it cause I don't want to spend 20 bucks for a new one. So when I need to kill the bike I just pull in my clutch and it dies. Surely this can't hurt the bike at all? Basically the same as a killswitch except its not cutting the electrical power. It's gotta be better then letting the clutch out.

schmanman

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 9, 2007
just buy a new kill switch, It's only $20.

just my .02. ;)

I'm new to the hobby, but form what I have read, maby your jetting is a bit lean?

does it idle with the choke on?

kx125412

Mar 30, 2006
Its a beater bike that's all im not putting any more money in it than I have to. It's not a rich or lean issue I know what you're talking about. It idles really nicely and once warmed up fully from riding the idle just drops alot thats all. It doesn't matter. I'm just going to let it die by itself it can't hurt it.

rmc_olderthandirt

~SPONSOR~
Apr 18, 2006
Letting the engine stall certainly isn't going to hurt it.

I am not sure what you meant about the clutch, though. The bike will idle while in neutral, but dies when you pull in the clutch? Sounds like you might have clutch issues!

Your first post said that the bike won't idle at all once it has warmed up, and the last post said that it idles really nicely once it warms up. So now I am confused, does the bike idle or not?

Rod

VintageDirt

Baked Spud
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 1, 2001
I usually just run into my pick-up when I want to kill the bike, works every time.

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
kx125412 said:
Its a beater bike that's all im not putting any more money in it than I have to. It's not a rich or lean issue I know what you're talking about. It idles really nicely and once warmed up fully from riding the idle just drops alot thats all. It doesn't matter. I'm just going to let it die by itself it can't hurt it.

So, I have to ask, why did you post this?

Are you asking if we think it's a good idea to kill your bike this way?

It would seem to me that you really don't care what the our opinions are. You have stated that you aren't going to fix the killswitch, and that it's ok with you to kill it the way you are.

So, go ahead. If that's how you want to deal with it. I won't lose any sleep at all. Thanks for playing along...

Top Bottom