soap

Jun 10, 2004
This is not a question but a review, and I dont know where else to post it. Yesterday I was finally able to ride in the dunes with the new king sand front tire (It is the one that almost looks like a quad front tire). I ride at the oceano dunes and it is very soft sand. The only other soft terrain tire Ive ridden was the Bridgestone M59.

The most noticeable difference with the king tire is that it NEVER sank into the sand. Usually when I jump into a dune face and land in some truck tracks, the front tire would sink in maybe 6-8 in. Which would almost throw me over the handle bars if I was going fast enough. But this tire would only sink in maybe 2-3 in. It can also take a more weight on the front tire when turning. It still does slide out if you lean the bike over too much, but it will hold more lateral force than normal.

I would definitely recomend this tire for anyone who rides the dunes more than a few times a year. And maybe even to someone who loves river beds. As it is still cheaper than other soft terrain tires out there. The only place that I found online was motosport.com. List anymore if you know of them.

Top Bottom