KTM 300xc or KTM250xc for tight woods ??

T-Bone

~SPONSOR~
Feb 10, 2001
Friends and I are having an argument about what bike would be best in the nasty woods of Vancouver BC I think the 250 would be best because its more agile and wont wear me out but my buddys say the 300 is like a 4 stroke and you just have to sit back and relax ... Whats you feelings o masters of KTMs :laugh:

rostifer

Mar 23, 2006
NOt ever having the luxury of having either of these cool bikes all I can give a wishful opinion. I think the 300 would be more fun, reason for saying this is because I ride a lot of different terrain whether desert or tight woods. Sometimes that extra power is pretty nice for dragging a tired butt over that nasty 2ft log at the end of the trail. Extra flywheel weight will be super nice addition for whatever your riding. (I don't know how that actually is on a stocker. The weight may be just fine for all i know) Just my thinking if I had the option to get one.

DBragg

Oct 31, 2005
I think that you are arguing over the color of ****e ;) I have owned wide ratio versions of the 250 and 300. The 300 lugs better... Thats what i like about it, for me, lugging works very well in the single track. But the 250 is just as good, and is actually less scary to ride on the pipe. Whereas the 300 can intimidate me when its on the pipe in certain situations.

I prefer the 300, but would ride a 250 without a second thought.

Top Bottom