keithcr250r

Apr 18, 2007
hey guys,
i currently have a few bikes but i have found a nice priced ktm 450. i dont no anyone that has one so i have some questions.

Is there going to be a major difference between KTM and my 426?..power, comfort weight etc. or should i still ride blue

i have spent big bucks on 426 very reliable. Will i be more impressed with KTM or is it personal thing?.. TIA any info on KTM 450's very appreciated.

sloopy

Feb 16, 2004
i have ridden yz 450 400 and 426 and i dont like how they feel if you ask me they feel wide, maybe because of the seat. also they are a pain in the ass to start imo. i hear alot of people that race motocross say they like the suspension better on the yamaha though.

Shaw520

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 14, 2000
I have ridden both, although nothing newer than 05'. The KTM feels slimmer and is definately easier to start, the yamaha has a slightly more comfortable cockpit, (seat/peg orientation). I prefered the power delivery on the KTM.

Tdel

Mar 1, 2004
The KTM is the single cam motor that is very durable and easy to adjust the valves in. The pre-2007 bikes have a very different feel than what you will be used to. They are not as top heavy as the 426, but the suspension also not as good out of the box. I would recommend riding a pre 07 450 to get the feel of the bike. My guess is you won't like it. Especially coming of the yammie. I have an 05 300 mxc, similar suspension (rear sock angle) after revalving and respringing it was great for the track, but no comparison to my 07-sxf. The new shock angle and forks put the bike on par with the Japanese suspension. All KTM are very sensitive to adjustments and if the rear spring does not match your weight, you will be very disappointed on the track.

Top Bottom