JohnnyMac

Jun 18, 2000
I just called a KTM dealer to inquire about the replacement seat (Tall foam) for a 2001 520exc. I was quoted about $160.00. I purchased one for a 520SX model (Tall foam) two months ago, and the cost was $90.00. Has anybody else noticed a price increase?

Also, is there any difference between the EXC and MXC seat?

cp380sx

Jan 12, 2001
The MXC and EXC are the same.

For an SX I have a complete 1" taller GUTS Racing seat, cover, base and brackets that I need to sell. Never used. $90 + $6 shipping.

scott_ktm

Feb 13, 2001
cp380sx,
Is that Guts seat cover bigger than normal? I have one and wanted tall soft foam but did not think the cover would fit. I love my cover and did not want to buy new seat/foam/cover.

smilinicon

Feb 20, 2001
$160=Robbery.

I paid $80-90 all told for my seat (tall one+cover+install). I saw a brand new seat setup for the same price at my dealer (2002). I guess I am (very) lucky.

lawman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 20, 1999
enduro eng'g has tall soft, tall hard,& tall super hard foams + covers. holeshot has tall soft & hard. i've seen a regular cover stretched over a tall foam (buddy of mine wanted to keep his matching graphics), but it takes some tugging. i've tried the tall soft--hated it, too mushy. i have the tall hard now, it's ok, but i've got the super hard on backorder. i'm in the minority on ktm's stock foams, i think they are just right, just too short. the stocker feels like i am climbing out of a hole when standing, the taller 1s fix that. my tall foam has the guts orange & black gripper cover on it; works great, but some of the graphics rubbed off real quick, so if that bothers you, you might consider another 1.

KTMMIKE

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 27, 2000
OEM KTM complete tall seat kits retail for 85.00. They are a backorderd item right now. Imagine that!

Moose (made by SDG) will have a standard & high seat available soon also. 89.00

JohnnyMac

Jun 18, 2000
Trewent you da man! I called Midwest Cycle and they had the EXC tall OEM complete seat in stock [I think it was $85.00 (I left my notes at work)]. I told the woman who took my order that I got the info from this board. When she asked from whom, I gave her your posting name. I believe she knows who you were and was a happy to help.

Seems like a nice shop. The dealer who quoted me the 160.00 was North Couty Yamaha/KTM. They usually have really good prices but not this time.

Thanks again for the help.

Mar 1, 2001
How much taller is the OEM "Tall" seat. Does anyone have any idea how this seat compares to the tall foam and cover Enduro Eng sells?

One other question...what's the tele # for Midwest?

Thanks a million.

rollingp

Oct 31, 2001
Originally posted by JohnnyMac
Trewent you da man! I called Midwest Cycle and they had the EXC tall OEM complete seat in stock [I think it was $85.00 (I left my notes at work)]. I told the woman who took my order that I got the info from this board. When she asked from whom, I gave her your posting name. I believe she knows who you were and was a happy to help.

Seems like a nice shop. The dealer who quoted me the 160.00 was North Couty Yamaha/KTM. They usually have really good prices but not this time.

Thanks again for the help.

Midwest KTM is my local dealer and also my sponsor. jerry Birkey is pretty fair on his prices.

OLD STROKER

Feb 19, 2001
trailblazer

Was the EXC seat you got from Moose the tall seat. What kind of seat cover did it have on it? Was it all smooth like the OEM seats or did it have seams ? Did you get it direct from Moose or through Parts Unlimited? If ti was through Parts Unlimited, do you have a part number ?

trailblazer

~SPONSOR~
Nov 27, 2000
The seat uses the SDG seat base and Moose foam and cover. The cover is constructed of two different non-skid materials. Low friction on the sides and mid-friction on the top. The seam between the two is molded, so it is very unobtrusive. A great seat. I have the moose catalogue at home and will send you the part number. It isn't in the parts unlimited catalogue; yet. I got it through Caldecott . . .

Top Bottom