MotoEnduro

~SPONSOR~
Mar 11, 2001
I just got the KTM service manual for my '01 250 EXC (it covers engine repair only). This manual is in a looseleaf binder with subject separators. I noticed all the specs and info covers the '99 250/300 engine. Is this because the '01 engine is no different than '99, or did I get the wrong manual? Also it states "you will be sent at least 1 update per year for this manual" Who sends the updates, or is that part for dealers only? thanks

------------------

Strick

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 8, 1999
I have a '98 250/300/380 manual that I orginally bought while owning a '99 380, and it works fine on the '99 300 I have now. The '98 & '99 are the same except for the clutch (hydraulic in '99), and the (hole in the 380 head that improved stalling, and ease of start up). My manual is a large paperback.

I thought the '01 250 had a completely different head design. Guys I am wrong here?

I think it would be better, actually, to have the type of manual you purchased versus mine. I know nothing about the updates you mentioned.

------------------
Strick '99 KTM 300mxc, AMA & BRC member

[This message has been edited by Strick (edited 04-13-2001).]

MotoEnduro

~SPONSOR~
Mar 11, 2001
I got the manual mail ordered from Holeshot only 3 weeks ago. I guess I should contact them for the updates. I wonder why they didn't send me the correct pages to begin with!
mad.gif

------------------

Pumpkinhead

Mar 6, 2001
I have the manual from Holeshot as well. To say I'm un-impressed is an understatement.

Alot of money for a photo-copied manual.

They do the same thing with the WP Suspension manual. Except it is even worse.
frown.gif

No binder just a manila folder.

Everyone is in the business to make a buck. But $45 for a photocopy is going a little too far. $25 would be fair.

------------------
(formerly XR44ME) Rick

AMA Member
NETRA Member
'00 KTM 300 MX/C

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
You ARE talking about Holeshot where the bottom line is the bottom line.

The factory manuals I have gotten from my dealer have been very useful and printed to the same standard as all of the "as delivered" manuals.

------------------
I ride, therefore I crash
KTM 360EXC

Top Bottom