syko

Jan 10, 2004
My KX has been my first bike in about 6 years when i used to race Schoolboy MX.

I'm no James Stewart, and this year i have really only just started learning to ride and to mechanic all over again, so i am a real novice on all levels.

My riding improves greatly every weekend and i am now turning in some quick laps.

the reason I am boring the backsides off you with all this is because i am thinking of selling my Kx in a few months and am considering a KTM sx125 05.

I've done hardly any mods on my KX, apart from new bars and clamps and apart from a few trick bits that is all I have changed.
I'm 6'2, 12 stone and learning fast and wondered what you guys think about jumping onto a KTM.
I've been told that ergonomically they are very different to the jap bikes.

What do you guys suggest, stick with the KX for another year or will the KTM inspire me to ride quicker.
will I have to make big changes to make the KTM comfortable for me or is it good straight out the box?

k-ryder

Feb 10, 2004
i have no clue what 12 stone is ???

i'm 6-1 200lbs and love the 125sx. ( i do run the hard parts tall seat )

great stock motor ! some easy way's to make it even faster. handling & suspension are supposed to be much improved on the 05. well made and very easy to work on.

if you get one, post back and we can help ya dial it in

elf

Jun 7, 2003
12 stone? If you would just use kilograms we would have some idea of your weight ;)
The ktm ergos are pretty good, maybe just a little thinner in the area where your knees grip the bike. Its just the bike has a different feel to it. Once you ride a few times you get used to it and it feels normal.The 05 has a new stiffer frame thats supposed to help with handling and the new motor revs out a little better on top than the 04.

syko

Jan 10, 2004
sorry for the stone thing.
being english it's the only system of weight I really know.

I'm slim :laugh:

thanks for the info on the bike.
very tempting at the moment. not sure whether to hang on another year to my kx or go for a new bike now.

viking20

Sponsoring Member
Aug 11, 2002
Its only logical , like a pound of beer , ounces , pints etc. :bang:
Really, once we measure everything in this world the same way , we have come far ,LOL !

Top Bottom