KX 100 Wimpy white spark from spark plug

Rikster

Mar 22, 2010
Hi
I have a kx 100 and it won't run properly. It goes really slow low end and just manages to pull top end. It is not the jetting, I have tried everything possible to do with the jetting.

I looked at the spark plug while kicking it and it has an overly small white spark, even with the brand new spark plug it's the same and this is probably giving it the performance issues.

I have been told this is because of the stator plate. The stator plate has to be adjusted fully clockwise to get the best performance, (in other words so that it sparks as early as possible.) Does anyone know how i can check the stator plate isn't faulty, like if the volts being produced are correct or something and if not how could i rewire it.

Thanks ;) love you all!

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
start by checking all connections to be clean and rust free especially the ground wire.

helio lucas

~SPONSOR~
Jun 20, 2007
the oem service manual will have the correct ohm values and\or correct voltage from the stator.

Rikster

Mar 22, 2010
helio lucas said:
the oem service manual will have the correct ohm values and\or correct voltage from the stator.

Thanks. I'm trying to get hold of one now.

ellandoh said:
start by checking all connections to be clean and rust free especially the ground wire.

I'm checking the connections but i'm not sure about the wiring of the bike. There are no ground connections from the stator plate to the CDI and the CDI has an orange wire and a black and green wire going straight to the coil. The black and green wire is connected to where the coil is connected to ground. So in the whole circuit there are 2 ground connections.
Is this correct? I thought that the CDI should be connected straight to the ground through the black and green wire and is picked up by the coil where that is grounded. :bang:

Top Bottom