Khan50799

Jan 28, 2015
I have a 1998 kx125, I've had this bike for some time now it was my brothers when we were kids and feet didn't even touch the ground it seized IL and has been sitting around (in the garage) for nearly 6 years. I recently cleaned the garage and pretty much took ownership of anything that was in there including the bike. After my oldest brother tried to convince me to junk it. I am now 20 and I decided to pull the bike apart and replace the piston...(there was a brand new wisico piston 54mm in the garage) did that. Completely clean the carb. And checked the reads. And the bike won't start on its own. I pull started it with and and it ran but wouldn't idle on its own after I pull started it, and it turned off after a little run, I kick started it andit turned right on. This happened twice. And now it doesn't wanna start on it own even when warmed up and definitely not on a cold motor.
Long story short Bike won't kick start. Carb clean. Reeds flipped. Sparking ok. Compression doesn't seem too bad but still need to test.

Top Bottom