trial_07

Play with gravity
~SPONSOR~
Apr 26, 2004
Hey!

I just bought a kx 125 2000 and the bike still pulls when the clutch is fully pressed. So I emptied the transmission fluid (which came out completely black) and filled it with maxima oil. Unfortunately, the transmission's behaviour did not change. I dumped my oil again and it came out greyish (originally gold). I thought my water pump seals were done but the coolant level did not deminish. Then, I discovered that the clutch friction pads were toasted and the basket has many bumps. My springs seem a little short too but my metal plates are fine. Does that explain why my oil turns greyish? If so, what brand of basket/pads/springs should i buy? (I have low budget). Thanks for the input.

Fred

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
Yes, a clutch that is fried will cause the oil to turn quickly.

Rocky Mountain has their house brand clutch kits (Tusk) for that bike for $45 including springs. You may be able to re-dress your basket with a file.

trial_07

Play with gravity
~SPONSOR~
Apr 26, 2004
No I don't think my basket can be repaired, there are so many notches!! Do you know any web store I could buy from? I live in Quebec, Canada. What is included in the clutch kit (tusk) and where can I buy it?

Baja4x4

Jan 19, 2006
My 2000 RM did the same thing until I switched to ATF. It's really helped the "pulling" when you put it in gear and it shifts much better. It's cheap enough that I can now change the oil after every ride if I chose to which is a plus as well.

-Tim

Top Bottom