Mar 16, 2008
just bought a 99 kx 125 about a week ago it ran and started just fine..fresh top end fmf gold pipe boysen reeds new stator.
drove it about 3 miles worked fine except some low end bog and then turned it off and cannot get it to start again. tried new plugs and new fuel 32 to 1 mix but it will still not start unless push starting at a full out run but will still not idle and dies when you get off the gas..when you try to kick start it you can smell the fuel but the closest thing to a start is a whoosh sound every couple of kicks

can anyone help me to figure it out?
and i have pulled the carb and checked all the jets and they are perfect still..not worried about the low end bog jus yet i just want it to start

Jeromeo

Feb 26, 2007
check the compression. Who did the top end?? Was it properly broken in to allow the rings to seal? Here' a dumb question...... is the fuel on or off on the fuel shutoff?? You'd be surprised how many people mess that up. Do you have a spark?? Hope this helps. Good luck

detox250kx

May 24, 2007
wire to plug

i had an old rm that did the exact same thing your describing and for me it ended up being the wire that connected to the spark plug wasn't totally connected so it wasnt gettin enough spark. take a look and trust me i know how frustrating that situation is took me forever to figure it out

Top Bottom