JohnF

Jul 21, 2007
its still raining pretty good so i didnt get a good look, but there is some writing on the intake port that says 0.099L and the L is in cursive

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
JohnF said:
ok, mr. expert, then tell me what are the proper size jets and float level i need to have and i will tune the carb accordingly. ive asked that question bout 5 times now, but i guess no one knows? where could i find that info?
One reason nobody has told you is there are way to many variables for me to tell you what to put in. Temperature, elevation, fuel, and any modifications to the bike all will vary what you will need. Someone gave you the good advice of pulling the jets you have in there and buying one of each bigger and smaller to see which way you need to go. Get a manual for your bike and look up the jetting tables (at least the Yamaha ones have the tables).
You have done a pretty good job of describing the problem but no one over the internet can really make an exact repair recommendation without some crucial data such as what is your compression for real, what jets are in there now, what is the clip position on the needle.......
So far everyone is making educated (for the most part) guesses on limited info

JohnF

Jul 21, 2007
yeah i know. the bike is stock and im at sea level, just hoping someone would know the stock jets so i can compare. just wanted to see if i was way off

VISaki

May 25, 2008
BR8ES (NGK-R) or B8ES (NGK Either of these will work just fine..the thread gap distance are all the same..and you want a hotter plug which = less fowling with accidental over pre-mixing's the 9's will foul easier if the mix is to rich...all in all you rather run rich than lean easier to replace plugs than top ends...Just clean your carb sounds like an air issue from what your saying about....

Top Bottom