KX125, 2004 Suspension Setup Questions

Slips

Jan 24, 2004
Figured I would start another thread just for this :)

I weigh 180 with my gear and should be ready to get/ride my new KX125 this Friday or Saturday (w00t!!) :yeehaw:

I have been trying to make sense out of what the magazines say... lol, its pretty sad cause one says one thing, one another, yada yada yada.

Anyway, it seems most agree to set the forks 5mm up from the triple clamps, instead of the stock 15mm.

But whats sort of wierd is one is saying the front suspension is soft and the back suspension is too firm, although not enough to matter for those over 170 (me).

Just wondering if anyone has some clues on how they set up their suspension, weight and any advise. Frankly I am just bored waiting and want somethign to get me ahead when I FINALLY get it! :laugh:

MXP1MP

Nov 14, 2000
I find the suspension to fit me just right for moto use but with my gear on I weight like 140. At your wieght it might just work without any mods for trail use, I find the suspenion to be alittle stiff for trail use. You could probably just get away with using the clickers. I don't find that the rear is any stiffer than the front, I can bottom the suspension on hard hits but it hasn't every been really harsh or clank any. Try it first, I don't like making recommendations on suspenion cause it's such a personal thing.

Slips

Jan 24, 2004
Sounds good bro. I am old and slow so yours wouldnt work for me, like you say anyway. Mainly I am just killing time till the bike gets here :) Tyvm for the reply and .... eat your taters and put some weight on... lol

MXP1MP

Nov 14, 2000
But I will suggest that you look into getting an SDG seat for it, I got one for mine about a month ago. It's alittle firmer than the stocker but I find it more comfortable it gives me better control of the bike, doing stuff like seat bouncing is alittle easier. Plus the rear raises up like 1/4 inch and increases air flow.

Top Bottom