kdx175

Sep 7, 2004
I have a 92 kx500 and it will not idle, realy irritating. The only way it will idle somewhat is if i take the spring of the idle screw and turn it all the way in. I started with a 60 pilot and have gone down one size at a time to a 50. I have a 168 main. Ive been digging wickid hard to figure out how to get it to idle... no luck. Im thinking i need to adjust my float height. It leaks gas out the overflow if i dont shut the gas of and a little while riding. I put a new needle valve in and it didnt do a thing. air screw has no effect inless all the way in then it runs like crap.

kdx175

Sep 7, 2004
i have a new float valve. and the seat isnt even in the diagram on the kawasaki microfiche. Adjusted the float height to 16mm, dealership told me to run the over flow over carb and then down, sound rite?

kdx175

Sep 7, 2004
yea i checked it all out couldnt find any cracks but i bought a new one anyways and took it to the dealership and got it adjusted to 16mm becouse i cant seem to figure out how to do it myself.... and im going to try that tomarro

Top Bottom