jaguar

~SPONSOR~
Jul 29, 2000
South America
Things aren't too "hot" here in South America in the motocross world other than a very few stars but lately it's even worse with the 4 strokes taking over. Latinos generally are pretty mild natured and not into "wild and crazy". Pipey 2 strokes kinda forced them to be fun to watch but now even that is going away. Put a mild mannered latino on a mild mannered motorcycle and its time to take a siesta (nap).
I'm in Ecuador now and have watched some motocross. I enjoyed it but it was not truly "exciting". God, when I was a teenager, right when forward and cantilevered shocks were catching on, the riders were almost all "kamikazis"! Thank God they rarely crashed but it looked like they were always on the ragged edge! They were truly exciting to watch! What talent and what balls! All true motocross lovers should be adamantly against 4 strokes for anything other than trail and street bikes! really.
Next I am off to Colombia for probably 6 months or so. I'll check out the MX there. I saw one or two awesome looking tracks snaking through the trees on youtube.com. Hopefully the people there are too poor to afford them ****ing 4 strokes!
Anyone reading this who rides dirt in Colombia please drop me a line here. thanks!
the flying Forrest

Last edited:

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
How ironic to see this thread, Rich links and old thread with Professor Blair? Welcome back, and thanks for posting the south of the equator mx report! And the thumper fad, should have stayed with my 75 XR75, done. But, what are you going to do when junior wants to be a star? Vintage Bob

Top Bottom