RECENT POSTS

LazyBoy Update

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Troy had his first follow up appointment today with our Orthopedic Surgeon. He removed the 24 stitches off what looks to be a very clean suture job. Took a peak at the x-rays and commented that the surgeon in Oklahoma (Dr. Couch) did an excellent job of realigning the femur before screwing it together. All is going A-1 for the femur, he does have an issue with the right shoulder though. He has been struggling to use his crutches and has complained of bad pain in the shoulder. The Doc examined the x-rays and feels he may have a non displaced fracture just below where the upper arm goes into the shoulder socket. The Surgeon in Oklahoma also pondered this on the x-rays but they felt in the end it was just the edge of the growth plate. Either way they don't do much for it other than rest so they want Troy to try to remain wheelchair bound instead of using his crutches for awhile longer.

Good news on the femur!
he may have a non displaced fracture just below where the upper arm goes into the shoulder socket.
I had the very same injury due to a (car) accident. All you can do is wait it out.

Get better Troy!

Patman

Pantless Wonder
So LazyBoy gets to remain in a wheeled Lazyboy? Glad he's healing up.

Mully

AssClown SuperPowers
Great news Chili. :cool:

Tell him we all said Hello !!

Mully

Crispy

Boss's Lil' Sis
Glad to hear things are looking good for Troy! Any idea how long he will be wheelchair bound?

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
It's great to hear about the leg, but unfortunate about the shoulder. Heal up soon Troy, we're all thinking about you!

BEEF706

Sponsoring Member
Good to hear everything seems to be on track, sorry about the shoulder, heal up quick and no racing the wheelchair around the house!

DWreck

Subscriber
Dr. Couch put me back together again a couple of years ago and did an excellent job.

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
Thanks for the update. That's great news on the leg. Note to self...always make sure you break a bone when a good sports surgeon is in town.

nikki

Moto Junkie
Thanks for the update, Chili. Good deal on the femur being set nice and straight. Tell Troy that Red and I are thinking about him. Sucks on the shoulder deal - I saw how he broke his Thor Force at the shoulder cup and was worried that he did some shoulder damage. Heal up soon, Troy!

Chili

nikki said:
Sucks on the shoulder deal - I saw how he broke his Thor Force at the shoulder cup and was worried that he did some shoulder damage.
I haven't looked at the CP since we got home but I think it was still intact until the paramedics cut it off of him.

Crispy the Doc said it was pain as tolerated type of thing for the wheelchair. If he can use crutches without aggravating the shoulder it's all good. Basically as Okie said it's just a wait it out type of injury.

gnarlykaw

Sponsoring Member
Glad to hear the report...We keep thinking of him and wish for a speedy recovery.

oldguy

Always Broken
When that kid breaks something he goes all out. Are you sure he isn't somehow related to me?

Troy get well quick I know how much it sucks being on crutches just can't imagine doing it with a bum shoulder also.

Chili

oldguy said:
Are you sure he isn't somehow related to me?
I can't recall where but in a recent thread prior to DW someone joked about tying the two of you together and how bad a combo that would be :laugh: