Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
Troy had his first follow up appointment today with our Orthopedic Surgeon. He removed the 24 stitches off what looks to be a very clean suture job. Took a peak at the x-rays and commented that the surgeon in Oklahoma (Dr. Couch) did an excellent job of realigning the femur before screwing it together. All is going A-1 for the femur, he does have an issue with the right shoulder though. He has been struggling to use his crutches and has complained of bad pain in the shoulder. The Doc examined the x-rays and feels he may have a non displaced fracture just below where the upper arm goes into the shoulder socket. The Surgeon in Oklahoma also pondered this on the x-rays but they felt in the end it was just the edge of the growth plate. Either way they don't do much for it other than rest so they want Troy to try to remain wheelchair bound instead of using his crutches for awhile longer.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Good news on the femur!
he may have a non displaced fracture just below where the upper arm goes into the shoulder socket.
I had the very same injury due to a (car) accident. All you can do is wait it out.

Get better Troy!

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
So LazyBoy gets to remain in a wheeled Lazyboy? Glad he's healing up.

Mully

Moderator / SuperPowers
Jun 9, 1999
Great news Chili. :cool:

Tell him we all said Hello !!

Mully

Crispy

Boss's Lil' Sis
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 12, 2001
Glad to hear things are looking good for Troy! Any idea how long he will be wheelchair bound?

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
It's great to hear about the leg, but unfortunate about the shoulder. Heal up soon Troy, we're all thinking about you!

DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
Dr. Couch put me back together again a couple of years ago and did an excellent job.

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
Thanks for the update. That's great news on the leg. Note to self...always make sure you break a bone when a good sports surgeon is in town.

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Thanks for the update, Chili. Good deal on the femur being set nice and straight. Tell Troy that Red and I are thinking about him. Sucks on the shoulder deal - I saw how he broke his Thor Force at the shoulder cup and was worried that he did some shoulder damage. Heal up soon, Troy!

Chili

Apr 9, 2002
nikki said:
Sucks on the shoulder deal - I saw how he broke his Thor Force at the shoulder cup and was worried that he did some shoulder damage.

I haven't looked at the CP since we got home but I think it was still intact until the paramedics cut it off of him.

Crispy the Doc said it was pain as tolerated type of thing for the wheelchair. If he can use crutches without aggravating the shoulder it's all good. Basically as Okie said it's just a wait it out type of injury.

Chili

Apr 9, 2002
oldguy said:
Are you sure he isn't somehow related to me?

I can't recall where but in a recent thread prior to DW someone joked about tying the two of you together and how bad a combo that would be :laugh:

Chili

Apr 9, 2002
Here's what I was referring to Dave...

LazyBoy said:
I'm ready all though I was ready last year too and a week before snapped my leg. But its all good now two days before we leave and Im all intact. But on the other hand i mentioned that i was excited to my mom before she dropped me off at school today and when i was getting out of the car slamed my head against the door frame then preceeded to walk in to the school and stub my toe 2 times and almost slip down the stairs. :|
So I am just hoping to make it through the next couple of days but hope to see you all there.

Patman said:
LOL! Maybe we should tie LazyBoy & Oldguy together and see what happens?

:laugh:

Thump

Jr Admin Type
Jan 17, 2000
Glad to hear he is on the road to recovery. Give him my best. He's one tough kid, I know it must have been beyond painful but he just layed there and carried on a conversation with me.

Heal up quick bubba..

WaltCMoto

Sponsoring Member
Jan 1, 2001
Thanks for the update
Good luck with the recovery Troy. You definetly won the hard luck award the past couple years. How about giving your parents a break and let someone else have youre title for a change.

Paxdad

May 18, 2004
All,
I am the guy who augered in on Tuesday afternoon that resulted in a broken wrist, concusion, and separated ribs from my sternum. Was pleasantly pleased by Dr. Couch as well however, returned to my own Ortho to have surgery. 3 screws and two plates to get my radius back into the right position. Needless to say the trip back to Georgia was long. Still not sure how it happened but sort of think that the edge of my chest protector got caught under the throttle cable when I went to lean over the front end on the face of the jump. When I raised up it pulled the throttle WFO and launched me.
Reid (paxdad).

Kav

Crash Master
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 20, 2001
good to hear he's doing better!

Chili

Apr 9, 2002
Quick update. Troy had a follow up appointment Friday. Leg is healing fine and the Doc is happy with the progress being made. He has started Physio for range of motion in the knee so that he doesn't have as much to work on when he can rehab the leg itself. The shoulder continues to be a real problem and is still limiting him to very short stints on his crutches as he refuses to use the wheelchair. His school isn't wheelchair accessible so we are basically home schooling him right now :yikes: He is on the waiting list (gotta love our free health care :think: ) for an MRI of the shoulder and hopefully will get in within the next month since I agreed to drive 5 hours round trip to a smaller center to get one done as the waiting list here is 4-5 months currently.

MXSparx

Mr. Meltsomeglass
Jul 25, 1999
NoVa
Thanks for the update. Glad the leg is healing well. That really bites about the shoulder and the wait for the MRI :bang:

WaltCMoto

Sponsoring Member
Jan 1, 2001
Thanks for the update. Im always thinkin on how Troy is doing.
Hope the shoulder starts improveing, so he can get around more/better.

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
Thanks for the update Chili! Glad to hear the leg is doing better! Bummer on the shoulder. Best of luck with everything, I hope the waiting period for the MRI decreases.

Top Bottom