LBL - Turkey Bay - Thanksgiving holiday

KelvinKDX

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 25, 2000
Is anybody going riding at Turkey Bay (Land Between the Lakes) for the Thanksgiving holiday?

Wendy & I will be there Thursday/Friday/Saturday.

This will be my first ride back on the bike since Cooperland.

KelvinKDX

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 25, 2000
LBL = Land Between the Lakes (or Land between the Legs as my Wife calls it). Turkey Bay is an area there for off-road riding. It is located near Cadiz, Kentucky (Lake Barkley, KY)

Western Kentucky just North of Tennessee border.

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
Kelvin,

I posted this in the STM forum, but I'll post it again.  We'll be there Friday for sure.  The high for Friday is 53!  All the women around here go shopping, so that's a free ticket to ride!  If you and Wendy need anything, give me a call.  270-559-0698

Here is a link for LBL info.

http://www2.lbl.org/lbl/Home.html

motormichael

~SPONSOR~
Sep 26, 2001
Sure Corey, rub it in. "It is 53 deg. here, I have a great place to ride in my back yard, I get to go every weekend".
My bikes are still in the trailer with KY. dirt on them. I want to move to Kentucky. Later, Corey. Happy Thanksgiving

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
Originally posted by motormichael
Sure Corey, rub it in. "It is 53 deg. here, I have a great place to ride in my back yard, I get to go every weekend".
My bikes are still in the trailer with KY. dirt on them. I want to move to Kentucky. Later, Corey. Happy Thanksgiving

The forecast says 59 for tomorrow! But, I wouldn't rub it in!:p

You want to move to KY? Come on down!  We'll ride every weekend. :)

WaltCMoto

Sponsoring Member
Jan 1, 2001
Thanks for the salt in the wound Corey. We had 1 inch of snow a week ago, and it hasnt melted yet. I was hoping for 1 more local ride before packing up for the winter, but the weekends have not been cooperating. Im now finally in maintanance mode, but I always dream of that ride possability :)

337KDX

Aug 13, 2002
RODE LBL THE WEEKEND BEFORE. I have a 98 220kdx and took my family, thinking about getting the tt125-L for my wife. She is short and has had to ride one of my kids xr80. obviously to small. How does wendy like her bike. Do you ride LBL very often. My step children live in Louisville,KY. Is there good riding in the area. Thanks for any info you may have.
regards, Dave

337KDX

Aug 13, 2002
RODE LBL THE WEEKEND BEFORE. I have a 98 220kdx and took my family, thinking about getting the tt125-L for my wife. She is short and has had to ride one of my kids xr80. obviously to small. How does wendy like her bike. Do you ride LBL very often. My step children live in Louisville,KY. Is there good riding in the area. Thanks for any info you may have.
regards, Dave

KelvinKDX

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 25, 2000
337KDX:

Wendy likes both of her bikes. (tt-r125L & KX100). Unfortunately - she toasted a bearing (i think - at least it grinds like a bad bearing! ) :think: on the KX100 and did not get a chance to ride it too much this week end. It looks like it is off to Eric Gorr to get some porting work done as well.

The tt-r125L is a tad too small for Wendy - but it is a great bike for her just as well. She actually had a good time riding my KDX225 while i pushed her kx100 back to camp (a couple miles).

It's too bad that LBL is not a little closer to us (350 miles). Like Corey who lives just 20 miles away!

xr1man

Sep 3, 2001
Headed down to LBL this summer with the family. can anyone give me an overview of the trail system there?? We are riding XR's and have been for many years. From the posts it looks like there are some challanging trails. We were afraid they might be too easy. Please reply to bison@ptd.net

kx125racer

Feb 21, 2000
2500 acres, many open trails for bikes and 4wheelers. If you go to the back of the property, there are better trails and somewhat tighter. If it is your first time there, it will provide you with a weekend of good riding. I used to go all the time, but got bored with it. The terrain is hilly and in the valleys can be some challenging stuff. I would recommend it highly for a family outing. Stay away from holiday weekends, it is a madhouse on holidays.

Top Bottom