JohnnyMac

Jun 18, 2000
I recently picked up a used gas tank for my KTM and although the tank is in perfect condition the pet**** does leak when in the on/reserve position. I took a friends advice and took it apart for a quick clean. When I got it apart I was amazed at the amount of dirt inside even considering how hard it was to change from the off/open/reserve positions.

I must admit it was so dirty I was feeling pretty good about my chances of having fixed the leak. Unfortunately this was not the case. It still leaks although the on/off lever feels as though it’s brand new. The O-Ring still looked good but who knows. The KTM dealer said the MXC pet**** was around $70 and I’d rather not remove it from the tank if possible. Anybody have any ideas on how to fix?

Strick

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 8, 1999
Acerbis has a KTM pet**** (very cute by the way) for $17.00. I just put one in a newly purchased IMS tank. It works great!

Or, just tear it down take out the o-rings, go down to Lowe's and replace.

B

biglou

Same for me, JohnnyMac

My brand new MXC250 would leak very slowly (Maybe one drip per hour or so) when I left it in the "On" position. It was very easy to turn, however. I took mine off the tank, took it apart and, like you, found more crud inside than I could believe! It looked like they dropped it on the dirty floor several times when assembling the bike! I cleaned it up and put it back together and the leak was fixed. The only problem is that it has gotten progressively harder to rotate. It takes me both hands to turn it. This seems to be commonplace so as long as it's not leaking, I'll just live with it.

FremontGuy, this is for you: When Wade heard about my leaking pet****, he said "A little cortisone will fix that.":p

Top Bottom