D36-108A

~SPONSOR~
Dec 3, 2002
I vow to be more active on DRN. If I had even just lurked more, I would have known better than to go for a ride with Kiwi, Mick, and the Canadians, led by endoquest.

Calling it a "trail ride" is to use the term loosely. The only trail we were on was a couple hundred yards of side-hill single-track, and half of it was covered in snow and/or ice.

I made it up everything, though it sometimes took two or three attempts. I only overheated my bike once.

When I got back to camp, everybody said, "You went on a ride with those guys?!" in incredulous voices, like I should have known better.

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
gospeedracer said:
LOL! They really should come with Warning labels shouldn't they? :laugh:

Yeah, like a big tattoo on their foreheads CAUTION: INSANE RIDER, DO NOT FOLLOW :p

:laugh:

Way too much fun, I didn't get the chance to go for a loop with those guys :ugg: So many people to ride with, so little time.

Next year, I'm gonna be there from Thursday thru Sunday!!

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
Rooster said:
Next year, I'm gonna be there from Thursday thru Sunday!!

You better be! Although I did have a blast out on your bike Sunday afternoon... :think:

I learned one major important lesson while in Reno...Never, ever doubt your ability! I think that was the theme of the weekend for me between snowboarding on a busted bottom and finally getting the nerve to go up the whoops hill...I'll never doubt myself again like that!

D36-108A

~SPONSOR~
Dec 3, 2002
Kiwi gave me a standing invitation to ride with him at Jawbone. He said bring new tires, 12/58 gearing, a big gas tank, and lots of spare bodywork.

It must be something about riding in the absence of trees that warps these guys. I did manage to find the only tree in northern Nevada... it conspired with a rock and stripped me off my bike in plain view of Kiwi.

CycleBuy

Feb 6, 2004
D36,

Even though it wasn't your kind of trail (??) you did quite well for your first "Endoquest Adventure".
Allow me to extend an invitation to an "Oregon Trail Ride" as well. I'm sure Endo can free up a weekend in his busy schedule to lead us on some more "non"-trail in the Oregon woods. Spare bodywork optional. Big tank suggested. Flashlight, space blanket, lighter, etc. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

He is definitely a sick bast*rd, but a lot of fun to ride with. I can guarantee he won't leave anyone stranded in the woods. He might be stranded there with you, but he won't leave you there alone, (unless it's to go get his camera). :ohmy:

Kiwi, Spokane Brent and Mike, Mick, Crazy Canucks, and D36, I had fun riding with you all. It was great to see everyone from the Women's School again, and we are looking forward to next year already.

Anyone who wants to come play in the Oregon woods is certainly welcome. We can arrange anything from a gentle family ride to a full-blown Endoquest Adventure. And if he's busy, we've got more just like him :laugh:.

Kelowna, BC - July 1-5 Sounds like too much fun to miss!! WE will be there.

Bob n Belle

www.CycleBuy.com - dirt bike accessories and more

2003 WR 450 / 2002 Gas Gas Pampera / 2002 TTR 125L / 2001 KX 100

MrLuckey

Fire Marshall Ed
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
It's no use D36. I knew better and still spent all day Friday with Kiwi, Mick, Endo and Bsmith. Luckily they're all nice enough to not leave me completely behind.

bsmith

Wise master of the mistic
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 28, 2001
Even though it wasn't your kind of trail (??) you did quite well for your first "Endoquest Adventure".

D-36, You did more than quite well, I think you did great :thumb:

endoquest

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 4, 2000
D-36, my good friend, you performed quite well under pressure and didn't give up. That's the most important part of riding. Don't give up!
If you try as hard as you did on Saturday all the time, your riding will improve very quickly and soon you will have your very own terrible reputation!

Cheers, endoquest

D36-108A

~SPONSOR~
Dec 3, 2002
What you may not know is, I'm one of the guys who got stuck at Clear Creek last March and spent the night on a mountain, wet and cold with three other guys under a one-man survival blanket until we were helicoptered out in the morning. So now I kind of have this (justifiable) phobia about getting myself into places I can't get out of. That's why I was whining.

A couple of those obstacles were worse than those at any District 36 enduro I've ever ridden. I was P.O.'d to make it up that shale-covered S-turn hill only to encounter a rock garden at the top. I've gotta credit Kiwi for coaching me up that hill (slip the clutch, whodathunkit?). I didn't think some of you guys were gonna make it so I didn't bother dropping down into the canyon for a good while, watching you guys go up and down for another try.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom