RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
It's been years since the Damn Yankees had a trail ride. 20 years ago we all fist met at Modena, NY and rode together every year after that until Paragon in PA shut down. That first time we had over 20 people show up from all over the northeast and we had a blast!

I know this may be late notice but Scooter and I will be riding at Lost trails Ride Lost Trails | Lost Trails ATV Adventures| ATV Park | Off Road Vehicles on the 15th and thought it would be great if we could all get back together...those of us that still even ride. Lost trails has some pretty nice trails and we all know Scooter likes to keep the single track open!

Let's do it!

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
Just come prepared, you never know what might be lurking in the caves and tunnel.

dragon.jpg

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Yeah that tunnel was sketchy the first time I went through. I have a headlight now but had to follow you with your light last time! Is there still a giant water hole at the end?

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
The hole at the end of the tunnel as been filled in and the trail through the tunnel is fairly smooth. There is still some water in the tunnel, it wasn't very deep as of last week but I'm not sure how much rain they got from Tuesdays storm.

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
The hole had gotten a lot deeper before being filled in, but I will be there this weekend, I can dig it back out if you want. And don't worry, there are plenty of other water holes if you want to play submarine.

water.jpg

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
Yeah, I know it was Mike who liked playing the submarine pilot, but when you asked about a water hole, I thought maybe you wanted to try it_DOPE_ And I haven't heard from him or anybody else in years. So no idea who is still riding. Maybe it's time to drop a few PMs to people and see who is still around and riding.

Trigger1911

~SPONSOR~
Jul 4, 2001
Whats happening! i had 2 neck fusion surgeries and sold the bike. I think my riding days are over and I sure miss them!

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
Good to hear from you mike, and I hope all is going good after the surgeries. And I have to say, Ouch, that must have hurt to sell the bike, Ohh and I'm sure the neck surgery might have been painful also.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Hey Mike! Great your still kicking. Sorry you had to sell your bike. We had some great rides together

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
Was at lost trails yesterday cleaning up some blow down from last weeks storm so the single track is clear and ready to ride. Also went back up today to check out a new piece of single track that's not opened yet. It was a little hard to follow because it was marked in the spring, but due to COVID the park hasn't been doing any events, so they weren't able to have a group ride on the trail to break it in. If there's time, we may have to break it in a little next week. The picture doesn't do the area justice, the caution tape is to warn you to keep away from the edge of the waterfall.

Any more bites on a ride next week? Jason? Chuck? Keith? well, I cant name everybody, mainly because I'm getting old and don't remember names.

trail.jpg

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Hey Dan, thanks for the update. I'm fine with breaking in new trails. I almost enjoy that more than blasting on well established stuff. Let's hope it's ore than just you and me but that's OK if it is.

BTW, you got some spooge going in with your new 150...

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
That spooge is because I was lugging through the uncut stuff at slow speeds not knowing what was underneath.
And I should have a few others to join us also.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Great! BTW, I will be in a dark blue 4 door Tacoma with a nice but dirty Beta in the back. I have a single RacerX sticker on the back window.

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
dirty bike? but you haven't ridden in 3 years, don't you ever wash it? also parking and check in are moved, when you get there pull into the parking lot for the dealership (North American Warhorse) and drive around the left of the building to the back for parking and check in. They moved check in outside for the summer due to COVID restrictions on the number of people inside. Also there is no food onsite this year, so either bring a lunch, or there is a local pizza shop that will deliver to the parking lot.

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
no, Unloading is in the back lot by check in.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
So, 400 views on this thread to date. I hope some of you show up We'll have a blast!

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
but 350 of those views are from you, so you better show up.

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
I guess it has been a while since we have ridden, havent had that truck for a long time. I'll be in a black GMC Sierra.

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
Yeah, but the old KTM now has company in the garage.
IMG_20200618_210301.jpg

Top Bottom