Apr 7, 2008
does putting your levers down help you stay forward on the bike more? i ride with my levers about parallel to the ground and i have a tendency to sit alot because i can reach them easily. so if i put them down a little bit will i sit forward more on the bike?

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
you should only have them tight enough to stay in place UNLESS you crash, in which a snug but not tight lever may move and save itself......which also lends itself to midride adjustments with the only necessary tool is a balled up fist to knock it where its comfy.
levers pointed down a little bit help when standing versus sitting but dont force you to sit forward at all

FruDaddy

Aug 21, 2005
Lever position is a matter of rider preference, I like 30-45 degrees from flat for a good reach both sitting and standing. Experiment a little and see what works for you.

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
The best advice I have had was to run the levers pretty much parallel to the ground.

If your levers are too far down you will *have* to get up over the bars to use them. That can be a bad thing as you should be able to use them from whatever position you are in as you move around on the bike.

For example: When you are braking hard you want your weight as far rearward as possible and your wrists will be in a very uncomfortable position if the levers are much below level.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Take the seat off and practice. Goon style/sitting a LOT, leave them parallel to the ground. Racing mx, you really need them pointed down more, to your preference. Vintage Bob

pesky nz

Sep 13, 2010
Ive found that I loose strength and tire too quickly if my levers are lower than flat, my trials background means I stand a lot and have a finger over the clutch most of the time I also use hard wrap around handguards so run my clamps quite tight. If you make a drastic change to your lever position you will need to test it for at least 1 days
riding to get a realistic assessment and to let your arms get used to the change.

Top Bottom