Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Good video! I just watch the intake valve move, once it closes I know then next time around I'm at TDC on the compression stroke.

Wolf

doooode
Jul 31, 2000
One more update...I installed a brand new carb that I had, brand new gas...no go...starts up and runs for a few seconds...backfires like crazy, then loses RPMs and bogs down. I have reached a new level of frustration.

exverse

Jun 14, 2010
if it has a cone filter and he never covored it when washed i would recommend taking off the carb cleaning it again get all water out of it and pull out plug and kick it over a few times to get cataminated gas out

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
It's possible you have and electric issue but in my experience they are either going to work or be dead. Now water in the connections is possible.

Wolf

doooode
Jul 31, 2000
Definitely electrical...I plugged in a different CDI I had laying around and it ran much better...now I think its a carb adjustment issue (couldn't quite get it to idle with the new carb)...I'm going to throw the old carb back on it and see how it does.

Wolf

doooode
Jul 31, 2000
Running fine now...it was the CDI...the kid is happy now. Lucky I had a spare CDI laying around...otherwise I would have ended up buying a new motor for no reason at all :)...need a set of bigger wheels (his 10 rear is falling apart)...I think we'll do 14/12

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Wolf it sure sounds like the CDI got water in the connection, might want to seal it up to keep from happening again. Be careful on the wheels you could run in to brake caliper / rotor issues if you end up with larger rotors. The axles come in two sizes and the spacers are not generic but match a specific hub design. As usual there is a good chance I have a set of 12's in my box of tricks.

Wolf

doooode
Jul 31, 2000
Patman, the ID of the bearing measures at 5/8...I'm guessing that's 15mm. 12' wheels would be totally cool too. I'd be very interested if you have any. I see all these wheel tire combos on flea bay...cheap too. Haven't bought yet but figured I won't lose too much. Our rear wheel (10) is falling apart...missing 3 spokes :)...need a replacement ASAP.
I just rode the bike with the spare CDI box....it runs fine, though it does seem a little sluggish up top...but I don't really know...I have to let the kid ride it...he'll know. It may also be the carb taht's on it right now....never took the time to really dial it in yet. Runs ok though.

Wolf

doooode
Jul 31, 2000
LOL...the bike that always breaks :)...yesterday the shock broke :) looked awesome...went straight through the seat. Junior got lucky he didn't suffer any injuries. So of to fleabay we go...ordered a new one (cheap)...and a set of cheap wheels as his rear wheel is missing 4 spokes already...Hopefully they will last long enough so I don't feel too bad about spending the $$....I know I should order good stuff, but what the heck...it's a Chinese bike, might as well stick with the theme :)

helio lucas

~SPONSOR~
Jun 20, 2007
damn, that was a dangerous moment!!!! glad his ok...

Wolf

doooode
Jul 31, 2000
never thought I'd get excited about a Chinese pit bike but...the 125 looks badasz now...new longer/taller shock, new 14/12 wheels and tires, and...new YELLOW plastic...and...it actually runs, though I have to say, the valves are noisier than before. Junior is pretty pumped about it and I can actually ride it without being scared out of my head (10" wheels do that to you)....

Top Bottom