Kiddyextreme

Feb 5, 2001
I have a '99 KTM 125 EXC. I am having a problem with the lights. All of the connections are good as well as the bulbs. Any suggestions on how to find whats wrong. They worked fine for quite a while and now they don't work at all.

smb_katoomer

Feb 24, 2001
hey man, are you getting power to the lights? Go to autozone and pick up a tester. the best one is a screwdriver looking thing that has a sharp point on the end with a tiny light in the handle. Go through and check the all the wiring from the stater or magneto side on up all the way to the light if neccessary to see if your getting power. If it isn't that, then it is something in the stater or magneto. As to the stater or magneto, i have no idea. Good luck!

------------------
-Dan
90 dr250
94 ktm 125

rda

Jun 20, 2000
yes, the regulator could be the problem.
get one of those testers and with the bike running check the wires coming up from the stator for voltage at the regulator, if good check other side of regulator for voltage, if none, regulator is bad, or not grounded good.

jeb

Jul 21, 1999
Originally posted by Kiddyextreme:
I just replaced the stator so I don't think that is the problem, but I will check it out.

Why did you replace the stator? Did the lights ever work with the new stator?

------------------
John Brunsgaard - JEB
01 KTM 400 EXC
99 KTM 250 EXC
99 KTM 200 EXC
98 KTM 125 EXC
98 KTM 380 MXC (gone)
96 KDX 200

Kiddyextreme

Feb 5, 2001
I replaced the stator because I wasn't getting an spark. I don't remember if they worked with the new stator. They haven't been working for a while.

TexKDX

~SPONSOR~
Aug 8, 1999
Moose sells an inexpensive AC VR for about $15. Not sure what the KTM part costs.

On my RXC the KTM VR/Rectifier was $162 and not in the country. Baja Designs sold me a replacement VR/Rectifier for like $30.

TexKDX.

Top Bottom