marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
svi the straight rate actually works better than it sounds, i think this is due to the progressive is actually compressed a good amount to get the sag correct, so you end up with a spring thats not as progressive as its numbers indicate.Considering the way the pds doesnt stiffen like a linkage, i think it does a good job, however IMO it still falls behind a good jap bike.At the end of the day the riders know best, and KTM riders generally know they dont have the suspension like a jap bike.

terry hay

Nov 8, 2003
SVI
What category do you race under? By the sounds of things it must be either GP or you guys are very lenient with the rules. Or cheating perhaps???Regards
Terry

shed

Dec 9, 2001
lack of a linkage rising rate system on the KTM is swaying me toward buying a WR250F to replace my XR. I simply dont believe that the PDS can be as good as a high ratio rising rate linkage system. What I am suprised about is that KTM havent introduced some form of gas spring rising rate system within the shock, like an air spring but with N2 to reduced the effect of temperature.

Shed

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
no sorry no pics-i havnt seen it but the person who has is involved at gp level on a factory team , to be honest it doesnt prove a ktm will have a linkage, as they might be testing back to back, to see which one is best.

Chouca

Feb 26, 2001
Originally posted by marcusgunby
No point in asking as the PDS will be dropped in 05, the linkage KTM has been seen testing.

Well, talking about testing, Eggens tested the SX250F for the first time in Bellpuig and guess what - from the spec´s: Rear suspension: WP-PDS shock absorber

See more aboutthis prototype;

http://realmx.com/english/technic/content/newsfull_t.php?lfdnr=20

Anyway - don´t believe everything that is true...

Top Bottom