BAngler1

Aug 21, 2006
Afternoon everyone, at the moment I'm deployed overseas and in one month time I plan on buying a used bike. I saw the template that was suggested on useing for info on myself when it comes to asking for help on selecting a bike. So here it goes.

1) your physical size (both height and weight are important)
5'7" 185lbs Muscle not fat
age 21

2) How physical / aggressive are you ?
Aggresive and in great shape

3) what do you plan to ride- MX/SX tracks, woods, fields with friends or ?????
Mainly trail ride play around some dried out creek bed riding so some rock and things like that

4) Do you have any riding experience?
Rode when I was a lot younger and enjoyed it very much.

5) Do you think you will race ?
No racing involved. Cough but having some power never hurt.

6) Are you mechanically inclined and will you be doing your own bike work?
Know some things but have many friends in the military with me that know a lot about machines. Remember it's not what you know but who you know.... j/k

7) Do YOU have a preferance to a brand/ motor choice (2 or 4 stroke)?
Been looking at a 4 stroke 250, Uncle has always like Honda so I would like a Honda or Yamaha I'm thinking. I also would like a headlight on it so I can night ride as well. Not sure if that is hard to install or just buy one that comes with it.

8) Do you have a dealer close by your home that you might use and what brand(s) does he carry?
Plan on buying used.

9) How much do you plan to spend on a bike?
2700 Max

10) anything else that you think would help form an opinion
Well I don't think I would have any problems muscleing around a bike just my main concern is my height. I have 32" inseem leg length. I noticed most bikes are 37" and I would like a 250 if you all think that it would not be to tall for me.

Thanks and again and love the site.

Last edited:

dynastyyz

Jul 24, 2006
if you have the right tools and time you should get the honda xr or crf 250x and play with the suspension by adjusing the clickers and that should lower the sag and then when you sit on it it will be perfect height oh and if that doesnt float your boat you could find someone to weld / cut your subrame and that is all you can do to lower it
:boss: :cool: ps im short to im 15 and only 5' 4"

Poptart

Aug 3, 2006
considering a light, trail, field, id say yamaha but the ttr is a hog, yzf is motocross, so that leaves you to the honda 250x with the light. since your uncle has dealed with honda, probly go with that.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom