Looking for first dirtbike (with some questions

ASB131

Jul 24, 2018
hello, sorry if i'm posting this in the wrong location.
I'm relatively new to riding, i've had some experience on a M2R 160cc dirt bike, but that's it.
I'm thinking about getting the M2R 140cc KM140MX dirt bike. I'm wondering if this is a good first dirt bike
I also plan on making this bike road legal if possible, but not sure if this bike is acceptable

Also a few questions
I know this bike is kick-start and there's no way to stop it from being stolen. But would it be possible to add a key ignition to this bike to prevent it from being ridden away, if that is not possible it is possible to lock the kickstart so it cant be accessed without unlocking it with a key, if that is not possible would a rear brake disc lock be acceptable?

Regards Alex S
(Sorry if these questions seems stupid, i'm relatively new to this)

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Your age?
Your height and weight?
What kind of riding are you interested in (mx, woods/trails, backyard)?
Where are you located? Are you familiar with what the law requires to plate (make it street legal) a bike? This is a very small, under-powered "pit bike", that might be okay for putting around the neighborhood, but you won't want to go where someone on a moped/scooter wouldn't go.

It wouldn't make sense financially to try to legalize this bike for the road. You could easily spend more than that bike costs to rig something together.

You understand that this company is just an importer of Chinese made stuff, right? They don't "make" anything.

ASB131

Jul 24, 2018
Your age?
Your height and weight?
What kind of riding are you interested in (mx, woods/trails, backyard)?
Where are you located? Are you familiar with what the law requires to plate (make it street legal) a bike? This is a very small, under-powered "pit bike", that might be okay for putting around the neighborhood, but you won't want to go where someone on a moped/scooter wouldn't go.

It wouldn't make sense financially to try to legalize this bike for the road. You could easily spend more than that bike costs to rig something together.

You understand that this company is just an importer of Chinese made stuff, right? They don't "make" anything.

im 17, and weigh 80kg
would like to ride on trails and in the woods
located in the uk
im not that bothered about making it road legal, it would just be something nice to have extra, the main concern for me is theft. i know you could always chain the bike up at home, but would it be possible to add a key switch, which effectively connects to the kill switch, preventing it from sparking?
also yes i am aware that they import Chinese stuff, again this is going to be my first bike, which is why i thought they would be good, because they are relatively cheap compared to other bikes.
Thank you

Top Bottom