• KTM 125

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • YZ 125

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

LIVETHE125

Jun 28, 2018
Hello everybody,

I'm about to buy my first dirt bike ever but I don't know what should I get, I hesitate between CR RM YZ AND KTM but one thing is sure is that I'm getting a 125's because I love 2 stroke and I also love to watch video's of it the sound gives me a good feeling when I hear the one of my friends it's just amazing. Also I think that the 125's is a good bike for the trail and pit which what I want to do. I also want to learn how that engine work when it broke. So I want a 125 but I don't know the brand I should go with. I just want your opinion but also your experience with those brand!

Thanks
Fred

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
Depending on how far back you go you can't go wrong with the YZ. The YZ125 has been good most years while the RM and KX has had very few years where they were on par as the YZ. The CR early years of the aluminum Frame are not a good ride, very rigid. The KTM has had some good years but I am not familiar enough to which ones.

Ivan

LIVETHE125

Jun 28, 2018
Depending on how far back you go you can't go wrong with the YZ. The YZ125 has been good most years while the RM and KX has had very few years where they were on par as the YZ. The CR early years of the aluminum Frame are not a good ride, very rigid. The KTM has had some good years but I am not familiar enough to which ones.

Ivan
WHat those the aluminum Frame change to the ride.. I mean I've praticly never ride a dirt bike before so I would like to understand the big difference between the cr and the yz is it only the frame? Also I'm thinking on buying a used bike so probably a 2000 or 2005

Last edited:

LIVETHE125

Jun 28, 2018

Ivan
I'm really interested in the rm125 cause there is one guy that is selling a rm 125 2006 in my town for about 2k in canadian money but it could be a really good deal cause he changed everything on the bike so I would like to understand why they got few years.

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
I don't remember all the years. As I have gotten older things have been a blur. However, I remember that most RM's were lower on power compared to the YZ or KTM but handling was ok.

The first generations of CR aluminum frames were very rigid but got really good in the later years.

Be careful if someone says they changed everything and make sure they show you proof.

Ivan

LIVETHE125

Jun 28, 2018
I don't remember all the years. As I have gotten older things have been a blur. However, I remember that most RM's were lower on power compared to the YZ or KTM but handling was ok.

The first generations of CR aluminum frames were very rigid but got really good in the later years.

Be careful if someone says they changed everything and make sure they show you proof.

Ivan
They probably didn't change everything but at it mention what they changed. But alright so you preference goes with the yz

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Yup.

What does he mean by "changed everything" ? If that means he's replaced everything that's worn or worn-out, a recent top-end, etc., that's great if he can prove it, as truespode said. If he's talking about aftermarket stuff, that's not worth as much.

As far as what to get for your first bike: Get the cleanest, closest to all stock bike you can afford. The color (brand) really doesn't matter.

Good luck and welcome to DRN.

LIVETHE125

Jun 28, 2018
Yup.

What does he mean by "changed everything" ? If that means he's replaced everything that's worn or worn-out, a recent top-end, etc., that's great if he can prove it, as truespode said. If he's talking about aftermarket stuff, that's not worth as much.

As far as what to get for your first bike: Get the cleanest, closest to all stock bike you can afford. The color (brand) really doesn't matter.

Good luck and welcome to DRN.
Thanks, and this is the bike I'm talking about, rm 125 2006, Asking 2500 canadian dollors

Attachments

• 35266926_1540697906053285_3538966018686713856_n.jpg
    35266926_1540697906053285_3538966018686713856_n.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 423

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom