High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
Timr was pretty close with his account of what I said at DW, but I have a little to add...

Almost 5 years ago they told Lori she had a 50% chance of seeing Tommy's 5th birthday. He turns 5 November 24th and we're going riding again! They had no idea to whom they were quoting odds.

Lori had surgery to remove another tumor Monday and they told her not to ride for 10 days, but she just couldn't pass up the chance to ride that big field with Tommy on Friday. I brought the camera, but the only pictures I took were of of Lori and Tommy.

LoriTommy.jpg

Saturday, still sore from surgery and having trouble breathing from some other complications in her lungs that they still haven't figured out, she was running from one end of the track to the other to help injured riders. No amount of chastising can keep a nurse from running to help someone that's hurt.

At one point I thought I had commandeered an ATV for her to use since she appeared to be the only medical person around, but I grabbed the wrong one. That didn't stop her, as she continued to run around the track to tend to injured riders. Luckily, it was mostly downhill from where we were standing. With my knees messed up it was a rare occasion that I wasn't able to keep up with her and tell her to take it easier.

If you haven't noticed by now, yes I am very proud of her and my only hope is that our kids turn out to be just like her.

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
Oh, BTW, she started out on an RT100, but once she got on the KX80 she was hooked... "This thing really goes when you gas it!"

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
Originally posted by High Lord Gomer
If you haven't noticed by now, yes I am very proud of her and my only hope is that our kids turn out to be just like her.

Everyone else is very proud of Lori too! I cant thank her enough for what she did at Dirtweek. I wish your family nothing but the best!

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
I used to think Lance Armstrong was the poster boy for mental toughness and seizing the day. The picture of him in the yellow jersey with the US flag has been my wallpaper for a long time.

Gomer - Your picture is my new wallpaper. Seems like toughness comes in all shapes and sizes. :thumb:

2001yz250

Mar 27, 2002
I don't know you Gomer, but one thing I can tell about you is that you have your priorities straight and appreciate what you have. That's an awsome photo that you will cherish the rest of your life. :thumb:

bscottr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 20, 2001
I saw Lori and Mike this past Sunday at TNT. I had just got off the bike after 20 or so miles on the trails. I told Lori that I’d give her hug if I weren’t so nasty. She said “You know I’m used to that, come here.” She then gave ME a big ‘ol hug. She has always made me feel very welcome at our mini DNR gatherings, as has Mike. These folks are special!

I hope you both heal real soon and God bless you.

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
You're a lucky man, Gomer. :thumb:

I have new wallpaper now, too.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
I, too, got a big hug from Lori at DW02 and I was a very happy man. Thank you both for showing/sharing your courage.

Oct 3, 2000
What an inspiration! Lori really has a good heart and spirit. I'll never forget MWSF 2000. I had just bought my first bike a few weeks before and was really a newbie. I had fallen on the GP track and before I knew it this tiny woman came up behind me and picked my bike up. :cool: Man, was I impressed! I don't know if we'd even been introduced yet.

You both get well real soon. I'll be praying for you.

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
Originally posted by High Lord Gomer
"This thing really goes when you gas it!"

Or (as a result of her faithful mechanic) "the front end just goes right up in the air when I turn the handlebars!!"

She is one of the best. I'm proud to know her and thank God for your family being in my life.

THANK YOU LORI AND FAMILY

Ivan

_SOLO_

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 15, 2000
Mike, in the few years that I have known you and Lori you two have showed me nothing but the best. Like Ivan said I am proud to know her and am grateful for everything your family has done for me. I know that every time I have fallen at TNT (too many times to count) she is usually not far behind me trying to fix me up. Every time I see her she has the biggest smile on her face and she always says hello. She is the best! Your whole family is great and I look forward to every time I see them. Thanks Lori and Mike!

wrench

'00 Flappin' Fender [Ret]
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 7, 2000
Mike and Lori are simply two of the best people on the planet.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Mike,
I've only know you through email and on DRN but I have a hell of a lot of respect for both you and Lori. You've got your priorities straight. I really look forward to meeting face to face.

Crispy

Boss's Lil' Sis
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 12, 2001
Did anyone notice how quick she is???? During Saturdays races, I finally founds moms quad, so I pulled it near Lori so I could give her a ride if there was another injury... but before I could get the (push button start) quad running, she was gone...... When I finally caught up to her, she had already assesed the injury and was helping the guy up! I gave her a ride back and then asked her to wait for me next time!!!! Gomer you have a beautiful family, inside and out!!

Mikeb

~SPONSOR~
Jun 8, 1999
At DW02 I told Lori she had the strength of 20,000 members behind her but I truly believe she has more strength than ALL of us put together. You are both blessed to have each other and we are blessed to have someone like you and Lori to look up to. :worship:

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
Mike your tribute to Lori's strength and determianation just shows your families true values. Your family is the best out there and we at DRN are blessed to have you sharing with us. With Lori's will sh will be there for many more milestones in Tommy's life and his childrens.
Please give her a hug from my family.

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
You and your family rock :aj:, flat out, no two ways about it. I enjoyed meeting you all and want to thank you for making me stop to smell the roses every day. If there was a bigger word than inspiration, I'd use it, but my vocabulary is limited! Love you guys
C

Hot Pants

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 8, 2002
It was a great pleasure to meet both of you at DW02! I just want you to know that I think you are both amazing and wonderful people and I consider it a privilege to know you! You are in my thoughts and prayers!

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Gomer I think you guys know how the Peeman clan feels, anytime, any place, anything.

Top Bottom