NDRO

Jan 6, 2001
Wardy,
Thanks for the link. I've never been to LTM yet, but plan on it before and during the Spodefest.

Compared to some of the northern riding areas (Byron, Buffulo pit) what is LTM like??

FlyinRyan

~SPONSOR~
Mar 19, 2001
The Moto track is nice, but the HS track is not very good. It's a case of running way to many HS races on the same piece of property. Coming from Enduro riding the HS course is nothing but Moto track through the woods. Alot of people like it cause it is easy, but it is to beat up and fast for me.
I will say it's been 2 or 3 years since I've been there so maybe it's nicer now.

Offroadr

Ready to bang some trees!
Jan 4, 2000
Its the same Ryan

NDRO

Jan 6, 2001
If this is the case, why is it picked (twice) as the location for the Spodefest??

I understand that the Spodefest is more than just riding (meeting people), but if the HS track is worn, why return, rather than go to some other location??

I'd much rather have it someplace within 3-4 hours of me (who wouldn't) but if the HS area is so-so, why rip it up even more??

Offroadr

Jan 4, 2000
Dan, we are refering to racing Casey not play riding. For the average trail rider the trails are fine, most people like quad width trails.

Racing there means 4-5th gear on the trails, too fast and rough! There is not enough tight stuff to control the speeds

If Timr and I can hook up this year we are going to arrow and awesome tight loop there about 5 miles in lenght that we found.

Hope I have explained the difference. Casey is a great place for a spodefest because of all the diversity it has in one place.

WoodsRider

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
Dan - Offroadr is right. There are other reasons too.
1) The motocross track is very beginner friendly.
2) The GP track is long and also beginner friendly. It's a great place to ride without having to worry about jumps and whoops.
3) There's enough variety in the woods for riders of all skill levels.
4) Wide-open trails are good for the night poker run.

Offroadr

Jan 4, 2000
Bill, remember that loop he found? We have got to lay that out!

NDRO

Jan 6, 2001
I get it now.... I figured there was a bit more than I was hearing.

Before I got into actual woods riding, we "trail raced" in southern WI on the Cheese Country Trail. Same situation. ATV wide, and we rode it wide open. It actually gave me a reason for my old 94 CR250.

After getting a good taste of tight woods, I have no desire to go down at 50MPH, when I can bounce off trees at 10MPH....

I'm headed to Spodefest, either way, but just had a few questions.

Thanks again!!!

WoodsRider

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
Jay, since we'll never get any credit for the hs loop.
tongue.gif

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
Dan,

I've ridden the Cheese Country trail, and I'll tell you that Casey is NOTHING like that! You could drive a Mack truck down those "trails"!
Yeah, Casey's a little more open than a typical HS, but the guys did a good job with the course layout last year--fun stuff. (Not nearly as many log crossings as you're used to, though!
wink.gif
)
Casey has trails similar to those worn-in woods trails at Byron--nice and twisty. You'll still want your handguards!

[This message has been edited by LoriKTM (edited 03-27-2001).]

FlyinRyan

~SPONSOR~
Mar 19, 2001
From the Sodefest point of view it is a great place to have fun days. My point of view was coming from a racers side. Hope I didn't upset any of you guys. There was a time that they had great HS races, they were both tight and fast, but that was in late 80's. I know there has to be a good loop in there so I hope you guys lay one out.

NDRO

Jan 6, 2001
Lori, some of the quads that you meet in the woods on that trail are as big as a Mack truck..

Guess I'll just have to get to Casey and check it out for myself.... (after I get done breaking in our enduro route, that is.
biggrin.gif
)

Top Bottom