jamsxr

Dec 4, 1999
Have been waiting for the next National H&H in our part of the world, it is supposed to be a point to point race from Jackpot,Nevada to Wells,Nv.
In the latest AMA Mag it says Jackpot to Magic Mountain.
Anyone from Idaho know the area ? Any info would be appreciated. Whats the terrain like?
I know Southern Idaho has more than it's share of big square edged lava rocks.
Thanks.

------------------
Ken James
AMA Dist.25 Field Rep.
98 XR400 Honda
70 Triumph T100c Desert sled
98 Harley FXDWG
If you Don't --Who will ?

380EXCman

Sponsoring Member
Sep 15, 1999
Im not rure where "Magic Mountain" is it would have to be down by Twin Falls. I know of a "X-mas Tree Mountain" but Im sure its not the one. The Jackpot to Wells sounds like a race and it may be that there is a Magic Mountain near Wells. I had some friends ride a race in Wells last year and they said the would never do it again. Too dangerous. The club that put it on did not mark hazards very good and it was to rocky. Lots of broken bones at that one. Did you here about the round of the National Hare & Hound that was suppose to be in Murphy ID.? It was cancelled because the BLM would not issue a permit for the event. Sorry I was not more helpful.

------------------
More to follow im sure.....

jamsxr

Dec 4, 1999
Thanks for your help, the Twin Falls area is called Magic Valley isn't it ? I am figuring that Magic Mtn. must be a local Twin Falls riding area.
Yep, I heard about the Murphy race being cancelled, I posted about it along time ago just in case people didn't think we are losing important riding areas, we lost a National without hardly a whimper!
The High Desert Riders did a pretty good job with only three guys marking aprox 80 miles of trail, it is mostly open range and livestock knocked down signs and stuff. I had more than my share of crashes there, one where I was going down this hill called the screamer my front tire hit a rock and crossed me up flipping me and the bike, the bike did not get hurt since it used me as a cushion.
Desert racing is all about rocks,cliffs trees and other hazzards. The idea is who can ride the quickest and safest. I stopped to help a couple of riders, this kid could not remember going through the pits after the first loop and thought he may have crashed--his bell was rung big time. Anouther guy had a broken collar bone and I gave him some narcotics and encouragement to hold him over until we could get help in to him.
The fact is--that it was one of the most fun races in a long time, it is just them silt beds through the Sage brush really sucks.
smile.gif

Top Bottom