allUseeisRoost

Mod Ban
Apr 13, 2009
i hear the 02/03 cr250r has the best handling and i have heard that the 1993 engine had the most "usable power"(thats why RC rode one for so long) ...i have heard the 2001 engine was pretty good too though and i would like to find the PERFECT combo of handling and "usuable power" without doing too many permanent engine mods

anyone have any serious input?

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
allUseeisRoost said:
i hear the 02/03 cr250r has the best handling and i have heard that the 1993 engine had the most "usable power"(thats why RC rode one for so long) ...i have heard the 2001 engine was pretty good too though and i would like to find the PERFECT combo of handling and "usuable power" without doing too many permanent engine mods

anyone have any serious input?

Yeah, I don't think RC ever rode a 93 CR250R... He didn't turn pro until 1996, at 16 years old. He didn't move to Honda until 2001.

James

Lifetime Sponsor
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 2001
IndyMX said:
He didn't move to Honda until 2001.
2002 model was the first Honda RC raced...I think. Anybody have pics from the 2001 US Open...now I am curious.

Original question: I assume you have the 2002 CR already? What do you consider perfect power? Is your 02 even close?

Last edited:

spark250

Feb 7, 2008
It seems like you are going to a lot of trouble for something that isn't going to make a big difference?

Do you have a chassis with no motor?

If you have a complete bike that is maybe 01 or newer why not just build it to suit?

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
The "Perfect bike"? You have to build it to suit YOU. Have the suspension set up for YOU. If you find the motor too snappy flywheel weight it. If it's lacking somewhere have it ported or buy a pipe that will alter the powerband. Most bikes have tuneable power valves.

Any combination of stock parts will not yeild a bike as well suited to YOU as one YOU build to suit yourself.

allUseeisRoost

Mod Ban
Apr 13, 2009
to the mx faithful my mistake for the confusion of Carmicheal and Mcgrath
i do not follow the events

my 02 is pretty stock
fmf Gold Series pipe shorty silencer
i forget who made the jets
sunline sprockets
kenda millville tires

i just like expiramenting before i decide to keep changes to my bike and thats hard to do after its been to the machine shop

Top Bottom