SVTMc-G

Apr 1, 2006
I wish I could go. Nothing like a healthy protest to remind us we're alive! I bet a tre hugger or eco-nazi group may show up?hahaha go malcom!

Offroadr

Ready to bang some trees!
Jan 4, 2000
You go Malcom!!

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
A local dealer here is still selling them. You can go have your kid chew on one today! :|

I guess thier attorney told them they don't legally have to stop selling them yet?

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
I was in Pep Boys on sunday and they had the usual crap from china sitting on the floor.

I will also be at Malcolms on thursday to purchase some parts for my grandsons RM85 and support Malcolm. He has supported our industry in may ways for many years. It's time we supported him. Everyone from So Cal should be there.

This crap has got to stop and it's up to us to stop it.

It's up to us as individuals to stand up to these dictators to save our sport and now, our country.

If WE ALL don't get involved in this, we will have no sport in the future. The handwriting is on the wall and if this lead ban and the other ridiculous bills that are being thrown at us on almost a daily basis doesn't wake you up, nothing will.

ericz103

Aug 18, 2006
Every dealership needs to do this. that would make the ban more untouchable.
And yea I see the china crap still being sold everywhere too. whats with that? I'm sure there is probably more lead in them then actual name brand reputable bikes.

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
Must be some lead in bicycles.

Why aren't they banned?

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Vic said:
Must be some lead in bicycles.

Why aren't they banned?

Vic.

The bicycle industry is also involved in this mess. Jogger strollers and bicycle baby seats have also been banned. And yes, the cables on bicycles have lead content.

If we were to think about it, how many things in our daily lives have lead content? How many childrens toys use batterys? A glass of water contains lead trace. The schools in Los Angeles county are having a big problem with extremely high lead content in the drinking fountains. Their answer to that is to have the custodians run all of the taps for 10 minutes every morning. Yeah! That'll fix it. :coocoo:

Maybe the parents should have the schools shut down until the water is safe.

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
This bike ban is just nuts. I think I'll make a trip out to Macloms on Thursday to buy something.

Terry - Maybe I'll see you there. I'll head out around lunch time.

julien_d

Oct 28, 2008
Bicycles with wheels under 20" are included in the ban. Go try to grab one at wal-mart or Kmart. They've been yanked off the shelves.

I have to say that's an impressive attitude to take. I hope this works out well for him, and that they accomplish something. I wish I could make it, but it's on the other side of the country....

J.

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
I hope someone has a similar event around here. My boys will be four this summer and they're always asking if they can get a bike. I was going to wait another year, but I might do it early to support the cause.

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
julien_d said:
Bicycles with wheels under 20" are included in the ban. Go try to grab one at wal-mart or Kmart. They've been yanked off the shelves.

I have to say that's an impressive attitude to take. I hope this works out well for him, and that they accomplish something. I wish I could make it, but it's on the other side of the country....

J.
Leave now and you can make it. Just take the 40 west for about 2300 miles. I'll even buy you lunch.

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
thumbs said:
This bike ban is just nuts. I think I'll make a trip out to Macloms on Thursday to buy something.

Terry - Maybe I'll see you there. I'll head out around lunch time.

Tony.

The time has been changed from 6:00 AM to 4:00 PM. I have a meeting at 2:00 and will be there as soon as my meeting is over. Hope to see you there.

This is our chance to show these morons in Washington that can't even control their own lives but, want to control ours, that we aren't going to take this lying down.

In all my years as an American citizen, I have never been more ashamed and embarrassed by my government and it's so-called leaders as I am right now. :|

Dec 31, 2008
im not fully understanding this ban, they wont sell dirtbikes to kids under 12. So that means they wont be making 50's & 60's any more? Or they wont let kids ride them? Cant dad just walk in and buy a bike for his kid under 12 and let him ride it?

Dec 31, 2008
kids bike ban

im not sure if i fully understand this but if its what i think it is. its totally ridiculous! what about the racing class for the 65's? I dont have kids yet, but one thing I look forward to is one day when I do, being able to ride with my kids, start them out young, and have them smoke me by the time they are 10.

nsxxtreme

Apr 18, 2006
Somebody please post pics of this even this is great!!! Glad to see someone stand up to the idiocy!!!!

Does this guy sell parts online? I'd buy parts from him if he does.

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
redneckbillybob said:
im not sure if i fully understand this but if its what i think it is. its totally ridiculous! what about the racing class for the 65's? I dont have kids yet, but one thing I look forward to is one day when I do, being able to ride with my kids, start them out young, and have them smoke me by the time they are 10.
Check this link out for a quick explanation
http://www.dirtrider.net/forums3/showthread.php?t=170964

Dec 31, 2008
where can i get a link to that video? I would like to send it to a friend of mine. NVM i found it. This is just totally ridiculous not allowing kids to dirtbike is insane I mean I really just cant beleive this. What are we coming too? :coocoo:

oh and my best childhood memories were on a dirtbike, when i was so young i still thought girls were gross :laugh:

Last edited:

ws6transam

Nov 17, 2005
Just wanted to chime in,

I wrote my congressman, my senators, and the CPSC about this matter and my congressman, Mike Rogers took the time to write me back. What he told me is that there is no legal restriction to selling existing inventory, that there has been an extension of the law until February 10, 2010 for all retailers in the USA.

Therefore,it would appear that Malcom Smith (and all other retailers) is totally within the law in selling his gear for the next eleven months.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
I guess I do not see the big picture. What is the gain from this proposal. Is it too little too late , trying to equalize the foreign trade deficit? I find it real hard to swallow that this is to protect the children. Nordstrom pulled a bunch of womens sandals off the shelf, too high a lead content? So this substance has been documented to be absorbed through the skin? If, a child eats it? What all do children put in their mouths? The books in the library, they are being eaten also? Before this started, number 2 son found out about the lead in tatoo ink coming out of china. Its a binder in dye? There was an issue once with asbestos in building materials. They found it can cause all kinds of bad things down the road. This product when erroneously removed, explodes into microscopic fibers, and in theory, never quits falling. I do know some guys who still believe this was a scam, but, its documented, dangerous, everywhere, listed as a carcinogen, and I do not remember our country going to all these extremes, like now? Yet, cigarettes are still being sold? Is there a positive side to this billchit? Without going al gorr overboard, anything? Other than he obvious? They can mix colors without a lead binder? And all this stupidity, it could not happen at a more economically stressed era?

Top Bottom