XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
I guess they should just cancel the rest of the season and hand the trophy over to MC. :rolleyes:

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
THAT would be the cat's . . . meow!

I would LOVE to see LaRocket get his first SX championship! I used to think he was a <insert appropriate expletive here>, but I guess he's just shy, and his old man was most of the problem.

LaRocco winning the championship, that would just about make my year!

------------------
"Pain can be controlled, you just disconnect it."

MXN4FUN

Jul 7, 2000
I second the vote for LaRocco. Maybe Ezra can put McGrath on his head a few more times this year. I yearn for the good old days, Hannah vs DeCoster, Hannah vs Howertown Lechien vs Johnson LaRocco vs Kiedrowski. Heck even Bailey and Johnson were known to trade paint. Not this 'after you' mentality in the corners nowadays. Guess they must be worrying about scuffin the sponsors stickers or maybe it hurts to fall on all those piercings.

TwinSpar

AssClown WannaBe
N. Texas SP
Aug 18, 1999
rocket, Rocket, ROcket, ROCket, ROCKet, ROCKEt, ROCKET!

I guess you all how I feel now! :)

motoman122

Dec 6, 2000
larocco is mr. consistency.

if a couple of the front runners were to get tangled and get hurt, larocco could be sitting in the catbirds seat.

his chances would improve if he could just get a start.

slo' mo

slower than slow...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
too many wildcards, especially with Travis moving up. It's not going to be get the holeshot and stay consistent anymore. I think we are in for a wild year, and wouldn't want it any other way. They still have to knock MC off the throne and he isn't going to go quietly, but I think the awe factor is somewhat less this year.

Sawblade

Timmy Timmy Timmy!
Sep 24, 2000
MC may have one the first battle, but the war is far from over! :p Add another fan for number 5!

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
I thought it would be fun to bring back this thread. What do you think, 4strokeVET? :)

------------------
"People with courage and character always seem sinister to the rest."

-Hermann Hesse

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Very funny to read!!! :confused:

Not many were buying RC being a serious contender - let alone doing it in the fashion he has (10 wins straight and taking all but 2 of the first 3 races). If it wasn't for Anaheim - RC might sweep the season!! Very cool season - that's all I have to say. :D

And good call on those who predicted it!!! And those who knocked the idea of RC winning - it's okay - we'll still listen to your other crazy ideas! :)

------------------
'01 YZ 125 - #32
2000 D17 Women's Motocross Champion
Sponsors: DGY, MX-Tech, Bell, Smith, Works Connection, Boyesen, Twin Air, SoCal/DeCal Works, Morris Trailer Sales, and Skyway Trucking

TWright43

Apr 21, 2000
I just searched to bring this back up and i see someone else had the same idea a month ago, 4strokevet, uh a little off aye. this season was something else.

I didnt think RC would dominate like he has, i only thought he would be a threat.

Any picks for the Nationals?

RC would be hard to beat especially with all of that momentum he has, I can only see 2 people trying and that is Ryno (really honed his outdoor skills in Euroland) or Tortelli, Carmichaels only comp last year.

Longshot vote LaRocco. i am not putting him down it is just that he doesnt push the limit like those other three. I see LaRocco staying in his typical pattern of hovering on the bottom two steps of the podium.

BBB

Jul 10, 2000
I have to agree, RC is fast in SX right now, but he is scary fast outdoors. And we all know that the Nationals is lots harder than SX. Heat, humidity, ruts from hell and WFO speeds. Nobody but LaRocket has the fitness level to challenge Ricky in that setting. Heck the field is getting whipped indoors in the A/C, just wait till its 95 degrees and 100% humidity. UGH. Barring injury, I just dont see anyone taking that #1 plate away from Flying Freckles.

Wouldnt it be cool if Bayle stepped up to the plate and got some podiums? LaRocco has proved that you can defy age with training and grit,, it would be nice to see a yellow bike in with that Green Machine and the Hondas. :cool:

MX-727

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 4, 2000
Originally posted by 4strokeVET
ok, its time for a few of you to start eating words.MC is the man, I called it, I knew it, and you guys that doubted it can now live with it.lollollol!

Who's hungry now? ;)

weimedog

~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Nov 21, 2000
We have been lucky to have watched Jeremy over the years, but this Ricky C. is a true phenom. I have never seen such a dominating rider in the last 30 years. I wonder whats going to happen when some of the other kids who worked their way through the Team Green program get to the 250 pros. Like James Stewart. Its gona be a show. Travis won't survive, even though I would like him too. He's going to be broken too often.

My bet is if Ricky doesn't break something, he will dominate for several years.

PanicRev

Nov 16, 2000
Yea, you've definitely got a point!... and im tellin yall for sure, James Stewart is really going to shock the sport. Just wait. :cool:

PTCruiser

Aug 25, 2000
This'll be interesting to see. Ricky "seems" to be riding a ragged edge outdoors but he keeps it upright. One of Jeremy's true talents seemed to be the ability to make it thru the season(s) without really getting hurt. If RC can do that then watch out!

Top Bottom