Braahp

~SPONSOR~
Jan 20, 2001
I just put my new Michelin s-12 on rim, wasn't paying attention and eded up with arrow on brake rotor side of things. Arrgh! I don't want to redo tire mount. How directional is the S-12? Seems to me that it wouldn't matter which way it went by the looks of the tread. Any input appreciated.

Russ

Jan 17, 2001
We flip the S12's all of the time! Of course, we put them on in the right direction to begin with, but once they show appreciable wear, we flip them to get a sharp edge. If you'd rather leave it alone, I think you'll be just fine.

NDRO

Jan 6, 2001
I have one sitting on my lap (I'm weird that way) right now, and there's an arrow, but for the life of me I can't figure out how it would be directional...

Unless there's a certain way they belts lay, or something else I can't see, the look unidirectional to me....

------------------
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish and he will sit in a boat & drink beer all day.

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
I can tell you that my S12 had GREAT traction..and the braking on it was absolutely horrid. That opinion was shared by more'n one rider of my bike (testing my S12 for their own interests).

Directional? That's putting it mildly.

------------------
  • OLD member
    'oh-oh' KDX 200
    '86 Nighthawk 700 SC
    (a motorcyle even if it doesn't have a chain!)

fishhead

die you sycophant !
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 22, 2000
The carcass of the tire is laid up for specific rotation! So the arrow shows the rotation for optimum use per the tire manufacturer. Some have switched the tire with no ill effects but most tires that are highly stressed will have a direction arrow on them. Some tires dont have arrows but you're on your own as fir as the manfacturer is concerned.

bud

Jun 29, 1999
Out of all the s12's I've had, only one was put on the wrong way. It seemed to wear more quickly, and only lasted me a few rides. Might have been a coincidence, but I always put them on according to the arrow now just in case.

Top Bottom