hale

Jun 26, 2006
How many miles do you get per gallon of a TT-R250? I just got my bike last week and I'm not sure when I'm running low on gas, I'm just curious.

cujet

Aug 13, 2000
Wow, that is a loaded question. I know that riding style, terrain, location, altitude, weight, mechanical condition and state of tune all play a role.

I can go 100 miles on my 2 stroke if I keep the revs low and milk it along. I used to be able to go 80 miles on my XR250 if I rode normal. Track days result in about 15MPG on a 250 4 stroke with me as the pilot.

My best guess would be about 60 miles before reserve.

Chris

hale

Jun 26, 2006
Let's see, all I do is ride on trails in the desert. I don't do any jumps or anything and I don't race. I just ride for fun. The altitude I live in is about 3,000 ft above sea level. I weight 180 lbs and I'm athletic. Ya that's all I know for now cuz I just started to ride last week. Oh ya and my bike is brand new :)

hale

Jun 26, 2006
I did that, but the tank design is weird...I shook the tank bike a little and heard the gas splash around. It seems like there is still plenty of gas in there. I've only ridden the bike 16 miles so...ya I think I have plenty. I just wanted to know when I should go on reserve.

kx125412

Mar 30, 2006
Well you should be able to see a bit, bue as long as you hear the gas sloshing around dont worry about. Or just top up the tank alot, but 4t tend to be pretty good on gas.

iamdawalru5

Apr 26, 2006
ive got to agree that you should find you get 60 miles before reserve. that is if you have a 3.5 gallon tank. go bikez.com, look up the specs if they are present and ride with a kid that has a trip on his motorcycle.

kurt15

May 22, 2006
"I did that, but the tank design is weird..." If the tt-r 250's tank is anything like the 230's, i know exactly what you mean. The tank is vertually impossible to see into, you can only see when you're full! :bang: So what we do is when you hit reserve, you turn around or get to a gas station, the reserve is still plenty enough to get you where you need to go, for the most part. :cool:

Masterphil

DRN's Resident Lunatic
Aug 3, 2004
FWIW, under bright light (the sun) I can see fuel level through my tank. Then again, my fuel is purple and my tank is orange...

Top Bottom