paulasimmons

Jun 26, 2012
I have a full face Shoei helmet and now I am planning to buy one - a modular helmet . They say modular helmet has the same features as full face yet the chin bar is removable so the riders can drink, talk or even eat without removing the helmet.

I think its cool and convenient. So what do you think?

Anyone with experience with modular helmet?

All replies would be highly appreciated.

Farmer John

T.C.F.<br>(tire changin' fool)
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 8, 2000
paulasimmons said:
I have a full face Shoei helmet and now I am planning to buy one - a modular helmet . They say modular helmet has the same features as full face yet the chin bar is removable so the riders can drink, talk or even eat without removing the helmet.

I think its cool and convenient. So what do you think?

Anyone with experience with modular helmet?

All replies would be highly appreciated.

Ton's of experience with them.
The top of the line are the Schuberth C3 and the Shoei Neotec. both are great helmets.

Just keep in mind NO modular helmet is as protective as a full face.

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
I have one....never use it. It is a street helmet and I found that I almost never flipped it up. I also came to the decision that if I wanted to eat or drink I needed to stop and get off the bike, anyway.

paulasimmons

Jun 26, 2012
I think modular never replaced full face when it comes to security and protection.

I think Shoei helmet is one of the great helmet makers. So I searched for Shoei if any online stores sell them in affordable price and I found jafrum. They have different styles and brands of helmet, or I guess wide collection. So what do you think?

Top Bottom