MX BATES

May 25, 2007
I have been riding for 2 years now. I was pretty late at starting dirtbikin so my first bike was a ttr-125. Since i have now outgrown that, i have start riden my dads yz250f, and he is planning on giving it to me since he needs a bigger bike. To me the 250 seems way more comfortable and easier to ride. I have not ridden it that hard and went that fast but i feel alot more stable and in controlle. What do you guys think are some good first upgrades for this bike?

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Best investment is getting the suspension set properly for you and your riding style.Second is just keeping your bike running properly.I do not have a yz250f,but it has a fcr carb on it and it has ap issues that can be corrected for a lot better response off idle.The jd o-ring over the ap adjuster is excellent for stopping the floating nonsense.I do not like the mod on the diaphragm or wiring the linkage solid either.Try a smaller(larger #) leak jet,or 2 sizes to see the difference,ap is off idle help only,bad timing and too much fuel is how it comes stock and how the after market is headed.If it has an aftermarket mix adjuster make sure it does not rock and is seating firmly,also make sure the washer and 2 o-rings are properly installed.Suspension,jetted and periodic valve check,and a lot of gas!

May 9, 2007
I agree with the suspension suggestions. All the magazines proclaimed how great the suspension was. Not! At 170 pounds, the suspension was way too soft for me at anything resembling a race pace. It would bottom, deflect, and wallow all over the place. But after sending it out for proper set up for me, it's night and day better. It saoks up everything I can give it now, and I'm in much better control of the bike.

MX BATES

May 25, 2007
i was just looking at the avs levers and there are many different models. Does any one know what the difference is between them.

Top Bottom