09oneL

Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 7, 2008
NOT Moving the Game

Guys,

Should we move our game? I know another site that is really good with instant approvals. I'm just not sure if we should invade their site although I think they may want to join our game.

Sure is funny how DRN seems to have zero interest in repairing their issues. I should all send emails to the DRN site sponsors - not going to do it, I'll just let DRN die a natural death.

We can leave it here but, too me that is wrong. These clowns have not communicated anything to us that they have any interest in retaining us or running this site.

http://www.motosouth.com/

What do you guys want to do?

Last edited:

Yam7M

Mi. Trail Riders
Jun 3, 2008
I registered (user name: JRA68). It took all of 2 minutes, and I even got this confirmation back :yikes: :

Dear JRA68,

Thanks for registering at Motosouth Forums! We are glad you have chosen to be a part of our community and we hope you enjoy your stay.

All the best,
Motosouth Forums

Not sure if I want to play points keeper tho...

Really too bad about the lack of response from the mods. Must be something I said? :) Certainly wasn't from a lack of trying... :|

Mully

Moderator / SuperPowers
Jun 9, 1999
Really ????

Your going to up an leave me here all alone ??? :whoa:

As one of the moderators I will assure you that "if" we were notified that one of us would have gotten to the bottom of the issue and fixed whatever problem may have occured.

Mully
(just one of the guys from indiana that likes to ride in michigan)

Bonehead

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 15, 2001
I honestly think this sight is dead and they don't want any more new people posting. It just is stuck out in cyber space so us old timers can go jump on if we want. I joined a Kawasaki forum that looks just like this sight but you can get a response back in less than 5 min and the Forums are full of great new stuff all the time

Yam7M

Mi. Trail Riders
Jun 3, 2008
Mully said:
Really ????

Your going to up an leave me here all alone ??? :whoa:

As one of the moderators I will assure you that "if" we were notified that one of us would have gotten to the bottom of the issue and fixed whatever problem may have occured.

Mully
(just one of the guys from indiana that likes to ride in michigan)

Mully,

I exchanged several emails with you directly pertaining to fixing this issue. You assured me that it was fixed. It wasn't.

Shortly after that, I was contacted via the phone by FredT, who said that he had contacted either you or another mod about the same issue, and that you (or they) were on it and going to fix it......no luck.

We are now approaching 6 MONTHS of going back and forth with mods about this issue...and quite frankly....no one really seems to give two craps.

To insinuate that you weren't contacted correctly is BS.....and you know it. :uh:

09oneL

Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 7, 2008
Mully,

How about you work your magic now and get your issue fixed????????

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Odd, no PM's since the one from Fred in March...

At that time, I did find a problem with the registration program, it was/is fixed at that time.

The is no apparent problem with registration now. If you'd like to post up some detail, user name, his email (you can pm me), I'd gladly look into it.

Maybe the person in question is under 13 years old? That is the only way I can see a registration being held-up?

Additionally, I'll clean and reset the entire database ... reset all forum permissions, etc., maybe that will clear-up possible problems.

As far as threatening to leave, you obviously have to make that decision yourself. Had anyone here intentionally ignored the request (that I never saw and have no record of) your choice would be obvious. There are certainly 1,000 + moto sites out there to chose from. All of which, given enough time will "deserve" the "clown" title, for not providing a good enough FREE place to gather.

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
I see this site as having a more 'mature' crowd, don't-enjoy-putting-up-with dumb ill-informed stuff/info about dirtbikes. If there's some real knowledgable info I need, this is where I come.

This economy has slowed things too I think. I'm a self-employed contractor who may be finally facing having to hang up the boots... money I shouldn't be spending. Hard to even watch bikes on TV, gives me the fever. :yell:

09oneL

Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 7, 2008
I sent a PM to Okiewan. I hope he can get Kraemerf signed up.

Then we can do an outdoor game that I hope will be more interesting than the last half of SX - it turned boring for me with all of the injurys.

This is providing Yam7 will do points for us????.

I got a pair of Jett boots yesterday - selling my brand new Garne SG-12's (not an add - pretty sure they are sold). I don't like the fat toe area on the Garnes and Alpinistars tech 10's fall apart.

I like our forum

09oneL

Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 7, 2008
Looks like Kraemerf is all set - he does not know it yet.

Apparently an issue with him not putting his age correctly

Thanks Okiewan!

Yam7M

Mi. Trail Riders
Jun 3, 2008
09oneL said:
I sent a PM to Okiewan. I hope he can get Kraemerf signed up.

I guess we didn't know WHICH mod to send the info to. Thanks Okiewan. :cool:

09oneL said:
This is providing Yam7 will do points for us????.

:cool: Done

09oneL said:
I got a pair of Jett boots yesterday - selling my brand new Garne SG-12's (not an add - pretty sure they are sold). I don't like the fat toe area on the Garnes and Alpinistars tech 10's fall apart.

You do realize that you are just a weirdo, right? :coocoo: You can't wear a regular size helmet because of your mellon.....you complain about the most comfortable boot on the market because your feet are deformed also.....and you light monkey-peckers on fire, put them in your mouth, and make it smell like a barnyard within 30 feet of you. On top of all that.....you're a lib? :|

You have a beautiful home and piece of property tho....and a wife who already has a space reserved in heaven for putting up with your shat....ps....let her know that she left her lipstick at my place last week please. :laugh:

09oneL

Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 7, 2008
You sure talk some crap for a guy with small hands that puts tape under his grips to make them fat and then wears 2 pair of gloves - talk about weird :coocoo:

You are mistaken about the lipstick. It is actually a life size replica of your little weewee. She is recruting for the carnival, she thinks your extreemly small weewee might be quite the attraction. - freak show style -

Make no mistake about it: Yam7 still sucks!

Yam7M

Mi. Trail Riders
Jun 3, 2008
09oneL said:
You are mistaken about the lipstick. It is actually a life size replica of your little weewee. She is recruting for the carnival, she thinks your extreemly small weewee might be quite the attraction. - freak show style -

At least you don't deny that she was over again last week. It's a two-hour + drive for her, there and back, but she doesn't seem to mind. :nod:

I'd rather hang like a church mouse than resemble a stunt double for the movie Mask....but you seem to be comfortable with it. :cool:

09oneL said:
Make no mistake about it: Yam7 still sucks!

Indeedy! :)

Mully

Moderator / SuperPowers
Jun 9, 1999
Yam7M said:
I guess we didn't know WHICH mod to send the info to. Thanks Okiewan. :cool:

Yam7M,
I don't have the superpowers (and the cool cape) that Okie has. He is the owner / operator and has access behind the curtain, I am just one of the work bees with limited powers.

I want you to know that anyone who sends me a PM (or email) requesting help gets immediate attention. If I can fix the issue, I will, but if it is outside of my scope the email/PM gets sent to the boss.

With that said, I will leave you guys with one last statement.
REAL DIRT BIKES HAVE LIGHTS AND CLOWN HORNS !!!! :nener:

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Mully said:
Yam7M,
I don't have the superpowers (and the cool cape) that Okie has. He is the owner / operator and has access behind the curtain, I am just one of the work bees with limited powers.

I want you to know that anyone who sends me a PM (or email) requesting help gets immediate attention. If I can fix the issue, I will, but if it is outside of my scope the email/PM gets sent to the boss.

With that said, I will leave you guys with one last statement.
REAL DIRT BIKES HAVE LIGHTS AND CLOWN HORNS !!!! :nener:

Crap, I just took mine off last night for the OMA race.

09oneL

Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 7, 2008
nickolino said:
:p Now here is a capitilistic observation even when its free people still bitch but mostly the people that bitch the most help the least.

Kraemerf did indeed enter his birthday correctly and I know others that have been unsuccessful trying to get on the site. Yam7 and my "bitching" actually helps this site by keeping our game going on it. So, IMO we helped the site - far from "helping the least".

How exactly have you helped?

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
09oneL said:
Kraemerf did indeed enter his birthday correctly and I know others that have been unsuccessful trying to get on the site. Yam7 and my "bitching" actually helps this site by keeping our game going on it. So, IMO we helped the site - far from "helping the least".

How exactly have you helped?

He certainly was less abusive than you were, no?

While I certainly don't want to see the pot stirred and in fact ignored your "these clowns" & "call the sponsors" SPEW, the issue *should* be resolved, is there more to be discussed or do we just want to show our panties?

I'd suggest for ranting, arguing, babbling, etc., there ARE better sites than this one.

09oneL

Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 7, 2008
Okiewan said:
He certainly was less abusive than you were, no?

While I certainly don't want to see the pot stirred and in fact ignored your "these clowns" & "call the sponsors" SPEW, the issue *should* be resolved, is there more to be discussed or do we just want to show our panties?

I'd suggest for ranting, arguing, babbling, etc., there ARE better sites than this one.

If you would like to go back and read the entire SX game thread you find many mentions of your site not working for registering others. You with your super powers possibly can see that Yam7 put up a "For Sale post" just to get the attention of you or your staff in an effort to help you help your site.

Full monty here - just the facts - read it yourself

Yam7 sent mully an email/PM - The Godfather was also contacted on this issue, apparently he contacted you but, ZERO results. Did you follow up on that?

This is not a big deal to me. I don't put a ton of value on any of this, but don't throw rocks at the wrong target. You can put your panties back on now.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
09oneL said:
Yam7 and my "bitching" actually helps this site by keeping our game going on it. So, IMO we helped the site - .

It seems to I heard the same "logic?" coming from the guy in front of me at the grocery store complaining about not being able to buy certain things with the food stamps he was given for FREE. :coocoo:

Yam7M

Mi. Trail Riders
Jun 3, 2008
Wow....suprised this is still going on?

Yes...we get it....the site is free. Understood. Thank you.

Having something ignored for nearly six months despite repeated attempts to get it resolved....voluteers or not.....and all the "I-didn't-get-it-sent-to-me-the-right-way "Simon Says" finger-pointing aside....there was justification in the complaint. It's fixed now. Thank you!

I paid my dues volunteering to do service for a large user group...for free....for a decade....and took my lumps when the complaints came in. It's part of the joy of doing something for the masses free of charge. But you guys already know this....

Can we be done now? :nod:

Insert picture of beating a dead horse here.....

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
OK! does everybody feel better now? :cool:

Lets play! The outdoors begins in 2 days! Yippee! :nod:

Already have my REDBUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUD! tickets.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Fred T said:
OK! does everybody feel better now? :cool:

Fred, you've always contributed with both content and support so that wasn't a shot across your bough. My apologies if it was taken that way. :cool:

Top Bottom