Unkle Moose

~SPONSOR~
Jan 16, 2001
Hey Rick just checking to see how your knee is doing, hope everything is fine.

Every time Angry Jim told the horror story of you cartwheeling down the trail, the more cartwheels you did.

See ya at Elkins Flat Soon?

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
Rick had rolled to a stop by the time I got there.

Judging by his speed, the distance between his likely launching point, the first bits of plastic, the spot where his body stopped, and where his bike came to rest, I guarantee there was room for multiple cartwheels. :scream:

Mr. WR is one tough hombre! After a few minutes to take inventory, he was back on the bike and even standing up some on the trail before we could find a road to camp. If anybody can yard sale like that with only minor wounds, it is Rick.

BTW, Rick had on one of those neck braces/collar bone protectors.

Rick - best wishes and please let us know how you are doing.

MR.WR

Apr 7, 2000
WOW!!! What a get off that was.... By far the worst one I've ever had!
OK, all seems to be working well with the body. The knee is sore, but has good movement. My neck is a little stiff, but seems to be working fine... My back has a massive bruise on the left side, but I’ll get by. Not sure where the bruise came from, but I think my fanny pack had something to with it? My bike.... fared the best.....I think...At least I was able to ride her back to camp.

I'm not really sure what happened...all I really remember was shifting up to 4th gear and seeing a bush and rock, I chose the bush, and the next thing I know I was flying like superman with my feet somehow still attached to the bike.... then came the ground and sky several times... I remember trying to kick myself free of the bike, but I not sure when that took place......... Then everything came to a halt...quickly.
I'm glad Angry Jim did not get tangled up in my mess....

Tom, Kelly, Jim & Dave thanks for getting me back on my feet and getting my bike fired up!!

Ohhh, I’m missing a rear fender????

Many thanks to Dirty Dave's wife (Pam) and Dave for their support, pain pills & ice. Thanks to everyone who stopped by to see how I was doing.

Strick….Thanks for making this ride a success

Rick
AMA
D-36
99GasGas EC200

Unkle Moose

~SPONSOR~
Jan 16, 2001
Hello Rick Glad to hear your doing fine :thumb: After hearing Angry Jim talk about your famous wipe out it sounds like you got off pretty lucky. I think Angry Jim is still shaking in his boots ;)

Take care Rick and look forward to a Ride at Elkins Flat with you.

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
Originally posted by MR.WR

Ohhh, I’m missing a rear fender????

No kidding! The rear fender absolutely exploded into a few dozen bite size pieces. You couldn't tell what part of the bike they came from.

Then Jim reached down to pick one piece up, and it pulled out of the ground like a dagger. Even though only a little was showing on surface, the piece was about 7" long and maybe 2" wide. It went straight down into the soft earth, and at the deep end was the edge of the fender. The bike must have landed vertically on its tail at that point.

Where the bike ended up was WAY up the trail from the little yellow plastic bits. Rick was stopped about 1/3 the way between the fender shrapnel and the bike.

Rick, glad to hear you aren't too bad off. That could have been much worse!

RetSenior

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 15, 2000
Rick buddy, damn glad to here you are getting better. Sorry I missed riding with you guys but couldn't hang with your pace this weekend. Hope to ride with you soon.

George

angry jim

Sponsoring Member
Aug 4, 2000
Glad to here you're OK Rick.
It's almost impossible to exagerate the severity of that get off. My brother was one bike closer to the action than me. Neither one of us has ever seen anything that nasty. Luckily, the sand was pretty soft where you hit. I was on the gas in 4th, so I know we were haulin'. Sorry you and Dave missed out sunday. Kelly got off hard and bent his front axle in the process. He survived with minimal physical damage. We were railing all day in perfect conditions. See you guys soon.
Jim

Top Bottom