bullz-i

May 16, 2009
I am in the market for a new helmet and noticed that Rocky Mountain Motorcycle has a MSR Velocity on Sale for $69.99. Seems like a good deal on a Snell approved helmet. I would like to get some opinions on the helmet. Let me know if you have used one what you like or dislike. Thanks for any info you can provide.

bullz-i

May 16, 2009
I went ahead and purchased the helmet.
Here were my first impressions when I first got the helmet:
It is a good looking helmet. Nice graphics and good workmanship.
The fit is comfortable but the cheek pads seem a little large for me. I must have chipmunk cheeks :)
The air vents on the top of the helmet stick up a 1/4" or so. I am a little concerned that it wont take much for a tree limb or a wipe out to take them clean off.

I finally got to ride with the helmet today and here is what I now think.
The cheek pads are not as cumbersome as I thought. I didn't even notice them at all.
The air flow though the helmet is very good. It was 95 when I started out and while I did sweat some my head never felt hot and the sweat never made it to my eyes.
The helmet was all around very comfortable.
I still have concerns about the vents on the top but they are good for now.

SS109

Jul 27, 2009
My daughter has an MSR helmet. A blue Starlet model. She loves it. It fits her very snug like it should and she hasn't ever complained about being hot in it here in the AZ desert. Of course, it is only a DOT helmet but she only trail rides at a snails pace for now so I'm comfortable with it.

Top Bottom