• Yes, of course

Votes: 16 72.7%
  • No, I'm a Nancy

Votes: 6 27.3%

• Total voters

MrMXer327

Back in the saddle and having a blast !
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Ahh, Tj... The back is feelin fine right up to the point where I begin to bounce around on a bike. Awesome for everday stuff, but not up to track stuff. As far at that jump not being for mere mortals... You have to see it to believe it.
How is that leg doing? Did the leg and 450 kiss and make up?

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
Glad to hear your doing better. Yeah the legs still mad at the 450 and kicks it every chance it gets! :) I'm like you, i can do everyday stuff except run and when i get done riding i can barely walk the next moring. I must be getting old. ;)

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
Buncha old farts! :laugh:

*CRRack* :eek: Ooooohhhhh! :ugg: Hold on a sec. . . I gotta move my arm just the right way, so I can re-establish blood flow.

Oh yeah, like I was saying. Buncha old farts! :silly:

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
I called the track and they are open for business!! :) I should be making it down there at least once before the 21st if anyone wants to come.

And that double...I have a hard time just riding over it!!! Supposedly Pastrana did it when he was 13 :eek:

gxdragon

Nov 13, 2002
Originally posted by RM_guy
The pee wee track is on relatively flat ground with several very small tabletopsand a few other smaller jumps (more like little bumps). Little 50's will have no problems at all on it. They don't like the bigger bikes on it but I have been known to practice my passing on it. What a great feeling to blow by those slower bikes;)

Seriously though, the main track would be good for someone just getting started on a larger bike. All of the jumps have bypasses so the entire track can be ridden with no jumping at all.

Well I guess it depends on your idea of just getting started. Fark saw my wife getting started on her bike. In fact he was very amused.

The best part was the Fred Flinstone style stop. I was yelling "SQUEEZE THE BRAKE, SQUEEZE THE BRAKE" then she started yelling at me "WHY ARE YOU YELLING AT ME? :think:

She did do better last week. Maybe in a few more weeks she'll be comfortable enough to want to go. Maybe in a few more weeks I'll be confident enough to go :thumb:.

MrMXer327

Back in the saddle and having a blast !
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Old Farts Papa... There's no Old Farts around here....
There is an old DRN Poverb by Hoo Plung Dung - You don't stop riding because your an Old Fart... You become an Old Fart because you stop riding. These words of wisdom would lead one of noble character to discredit your above statement.

WoodsRider

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
Originally posted by RM_guy
Sounds good bud! I just wish WoodsRider have the same confidence in his riding skills :p
Plenty of confidence in my riding skills. I just prefer dodging trees to airing it out. Besides 6/21-22 is the Qualifier Enduro in Hancock, NY. Although, to be honest, I'll probably just do the D/S ride. We get to ride the same grass track and terrain tests as the LOI riders, but don't have to worry about staying on a time schedule or some tool screwing me out of hardware after protesting a check because he couldn't follow arrows.

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
TTT. Lets have yet ANOTHER great NE DRN ride! Those of you that couldn't get your skirts on in time for Paragon (May 3 & 4) last weekend - DON’T MISS THIS ONE.

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
Wife just revoked my KP for the 21st. Friggin' wedding. Oh well, it's family.
But I should still be able to make the 22nd. Is there camping available on site?

CaptainObvious

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
There is camping, water and electric hook-ups for RV's

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
I'm not sure Keith. There is a gate on the property but the owner lives near the track. I will check with the owner and email you during the week. I may only make it on Sunday too. What are everyone else's plans?

Fark

~SPONSOR~
Aug 12, 2002
Hey Jim, I know I already asked you but do you have a small trailer? The last time I tried to fit 3 bikes in my shortbed I was unsucksessful.

jmics19067

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 22, 2002
If all goes well I should have an old pickup bed trailer and my station wagon set up to pull it by then. Here's to hoping! :yeehaw:

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
I finally got a hold of the track owner. The gate is open all the time so it's just a matter of driving up the access road and finding a spot to set up. I told him that you may show up at 3 in the morning and there was no problem.

When you drive up the access road you will come to the office (a trailer). There are places to park before the office but I would suggest going to the left of the office and park beyond it. There is a covered pavilion and a large area to pit. It would be a good spot for us to all gather.

Riding startys at 10:00. I will be there around 9:30 Sunday.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Man, I'm getting pumped for this. I was out on an MX track this past Tuesday and had a blast...there were no freaking trees :scream:

jmics19067

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 22, 2002
heh I am getting butterflies I am not even sure if my bike will start from last year. I have a hard enough time trying to ride a bike let alone push it :eek:

Fark ,

clean your pm box

Fark

~SPONSOR~
Aug 12, 2002
yeah WTF, I did clean the inbox. I guess I had to clear the sent ones as well. My status bar that tells you if you are full doesn't show up. Sorry.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Originally posted by Flying Scot
RM_guy,

IF I make it, I will bring a branch and it won't be from an olive tree. I'll wack you with it every time you pass me ! :moon:
:eek:

I have a nice healthy scar on my arm now. Chicks dig scars :aj:

CaptainObvious

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
Is anyone thinking about camping over night? Are any of the campers bringing kids? I'm trying to decide if I'm coming for one day or two. Either way I'll have 3 adults and 6 kids in my group.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
I will only be there on Sunday. I know Papa can only make it Sunday too but he may be camping over, arriveing very late. Huck says he is coming but I haven't heard anything from him in a while. I assume he would be camping.

If we can talk Flying Scott to come I'm sure he would be camping. His wife loves to camp :p

Flying Scot

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 13, 2002
NOT !

I'd love to come, but I heard there will be torrential down pours all weekend ?

:laugh:

Still not sure but it looks unlikely at this point. To far to drive for SOME.

&nbsp;

Top Bottom